Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rude Belle Tire Manager

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2008, 03:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Angry Rude Belle Tire Manager

I got a nail (somehow) in the sidewall of my tire. So much so that it was not repairable. I purchased these tires July or so of 07' and the tires come with a Manufacturer 80k mile warranty and the Belle Tire 12mo./12,000mi warranty. Well it hasn't (obviously) been a year since I got my tires, so I figured there would be no problem. But because they PERSONALLY didn't change my control arm bushings/wheel bearings/do an alignment, they said my warranty was void on all my tires because of mechanical defect..

This was at the "Commerce" location, the one closest to my house. Lets just say I was pissed at the fact I bought the warranty ($6/tire) for nothing....They closed at 6pm, I arrived at Belle Tire around 5:54pm , but that's besides the point. The manager was very rude saying that I was wasting his time because I was arguing at the fact I did have a warranty on my tires, then he walked away .

So I go home, sleep on it, wake up at 7am to go to the Belle Tire I purchased my tires from. Explained what happened and he said thats "Unacceptable" towards how the manager treated me the night before. He looked at the tire, said there was a little mechanical defect, but not enough to say I couldn't get a new tire. He puts a brand new tire on my car, I pay him $6.36 for the warranty, and I'm out the door and to work.

Sorry this post is soo long, just had to rant somewhere, hehe.

NEVER VISIT THE BELLE TIRE IN COMMERCE, MICHIGAN!!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 17 Apr 2008, 04:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rude Belle Tire Manager

I'd call company HQ (after getting the first managers name and all the info together) and complain like heck. Tell them your also about to file a complaint with the BBB and report your dealings to channel (whatever) on the local network about the rude service. No body should be treated like that. What the heck does not having some service work done to do with getting a nail in a warranty covered tire?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 04:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I'd call company HQ (after getting the first managers name and all the info together) and complain like heck. Tell them your also about to file a complaint with the BBB and report your dealings to channel (whatever) on the local network about the rude service. No body should be treated like that. What the heck does not having some service work done to do with getting a nail in a warranty covered tire?
It's bizarre, and I just may contact the HQ, and the BBB. Never thought of that before now. Funny thing is, while the manager was telling me he didn't have time, my friend was with me to keep me entertained while (I thought) I was getting a new tire, and he works at the Belle Tire I bought my tires from, his face was just like -->, he goes "He shouldn't have said that".

What a douche that guy was. Thanks Crewzin for your input, as always

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Most places make you get an alignment somewhere at installation to make the manufacturer warranty valid. But it sounds like we're talking about a road hazzard warranty, which has nothing to do with wear and tear ..... just various road debris puncuting your tire, which the nail in the side would be qualifier enough.