Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine painting...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2008, 03:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Engine painting...

Was thinking about finally painting the engine cover and the 4 valve header thingies that the engine cover sits on probably in white with black outline. I'm pretty sure this can be done right? What paint would I have to use? any help appreciated...

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s

Last edited by StoneWhitePT2; 18 Apr 2008 at 03:57 pm.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 05:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine painting...

Neither the vanity cover nor the upper intake gets hot so almost any paint will do. The secret is preparation of the object your painting. Make sure all grease and oil are off everything. A very light sanding of the surface will make the paint adhere better. Testers makes an enamel paint pen that's great for doing the striping on the manifold.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 07:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Neither the vanity cover nor the upper intake gets hot so almost any paint will do. The secret is preparation of the object your painting. Make sure all grease and oil are off everything. A very light sanding of the surface will make the paint adhere better. Testers makes an enamel paint pen that's great for doing the striping on the manifold.

I want your engine

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 18 Apr 2008, 08:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
I want your engine
Everyone's got the same (cept for the turbo). All it takes is a bunch of chrome stuff and some $$$.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 08:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Everyone's got the same (cept for the turbo). All it takes is a bunch of chrome stuff and some $$$.
Quote:
and some $$$.
Thats what I don't have at the moment, lol

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all the input guyz.... I already finished the project cause I was so impatient to get started but at the same time I took my time.... Crewzin Im diggin ur engine!!! I used the same paint markers for the little touch ups. 2 coats adhesion primer, 3 coats white paint, 2 coats of clear...Here Is the Finished result....

Last edited by StoneWhitePT2; 18 Apr 2008 at 09:10 pm.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wow! Came out really nice.

Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Wow! Came out really nice.
x2!!!

My Baby:

Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thankz guys... This will give me a reason to keep my hood open at showz now.

Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhitePT2 View Post
Thankz guys... This will give me a reason to keep my hood open at showz now.
My car may look nice if I had the tail lights

J/K

My Baby: