Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEED INPUT!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2008, 09:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default NEED INPUT!!

There is a guy on Craigslist selling the following:

Chrysler PT Cruiser performance stainless exhaust - $160

Brand new Volt (Maremont)cat-back performance stainless steel exhaust system for an 2000-2002 PT Cruiser with the 2.4L engine.

I got him down to $130 before I could ask anyone on the forums

So what do you think? Worth $130? Im picking it up so no S&H charges.

If it's not a good deal, I'll won't buy it, so LET ME KNOW!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 19 Apr 2008, 09:39 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: NEED INPUT!!

If it was me, I would just put on a magnaflow turbo muffler. It sounds great, price is much cheaper but it's your call.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 11:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Im not looking for a muffler that sounds like one of them rice racers...Im just looking for something nice, that will spice up the look of my cruiser, and if it just soo happens to enhance the performance, well thats 2 birds with 1 stone, not looking for a loud car

MagnaFlow turbo muffler - Link? Is it the whole exhaust system, or just the muffler/exhaust pipe that is modified?

I don't really have money for any mods at the moment, but I saw this and thought if it was a good deal I may regret it later if I didn't buy it. So that's one opinion...Any others!???

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 19 Apr 2008, 03:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

1. It could flow better if it was mandrel bent pipes.
2. You do get a lot for your money.
3. You don't know what it sounds like. Could be so loud you can't stand it. I bought a PACESETTER "Monza" exhaust system with Mandrel bending On-Line and it was crap and loud. Went back to store (with a slight hassle).
4. Can you find out the name of the muffler?
5. Tip looks a little large (Ricer?).

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 04:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

seems like a good deal, let us know what you decide
Old 19 Apr 2008, 05:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The pipe on the right side just doesn't look quite right, the rear pipe looks to long to me. Price is good tho. I paid $550 for a Bassani 4 years ago. Why does he want to sell, doesn't like the sound, sold the car??? It's your choice, just remember you get what you pay for.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Apr 2008, 06:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

You guys know as much as I do about the product itself. He is selling it brand-new, not sure the reason.

My Baby:

Old 20 Apr 2008, 11:10 am
Regular Cruiser

This is what I did on my 03 GT, I went and got a thrush turbo muffler along with a exhaust tube that was bent in a 45. It cost 25 bucks at advance auto parts. I cut the stock muffler off right at the inlet and mounted it. took the bent tube and ran it out the half hole in the bumper and cut to size and then put a chrome tip on. Started it and WOW it had a sound like a old V8 muscle cars had....NO RICER SOUND AT ALL even at full throttle, just a v8 sound, I could feel the difference in it and no backfire either so I was happy and all for around 33 bucks with chrome tip. Try it. I'm doing the same thing on my 07 GT converible too, heck for 33 bucks if you DON'T like it you haven't lost much.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 02:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: ThrushTurboMuffler!!

I was reading the VOLT exhaust thread and noticed your reply ... do you have any sound-clips or pics of the thrush turbo-muffler setup you devised? I have an '01/na and just doing a little homework b4 deciding what to go with. I really dislike the rice sound nor do I want the annoying highway drone ... a throaty muscle sound is exactly what I had in mind. Any reply will be appreciated, thanks.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 02:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: ThrushTurboMuffler!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpadko View Post
I was reading the VOLT exhaust thread and noticed your reply ... do you have any sound-clips or pics of the thrush turbo-muffler setup you devised? I have an '01/na and just doing a little homework b4 deciding what to go with. I really dislike the rice sound nor do I want the annoying highway drone ... a throaty muscle sound is exactly what I had in mind. Any reply will be appreciated, thanks.
I bought a Turbo Exhaust from a turbo PT and put it on my na PT and it gives it a nice little sound.

If you can find one of those, try that!

My Baby: