Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help, my PT Cruiser's gone crazy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help, my PT Cruiser's gone crazy!

I've had my PT Cruiser since June 2000, and over the last three years I've experienced a ton of problems, but nothing like what's been going on. For the last few days, the door locks have been malfunctioning, opening and closing and turning the overhead lights on without warning. Nothing else is affected, the car still drives fine through the ordeals, but it is making the car awful annoying.

I really hope that it's not something I've got to involve my local dealership with. Their service department is full of the biggest crooks I've ever encountered.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:57 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: Help, my PT Cruiser's gone crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingStock View Post
I've had my PT Cruiser since June 2000, and over the last three years I've experienced a ton of problems, but nothing like what's been going on. For the last few days, the door locks have been malfunctioning, opening and closing and turning the overhead lights on without warning. Nothing else is affected, the car still drives fine through the ordeals, but it is making the car awful annoying.

I really hope that it's not something I've got to involve my local dealership with. Their service department is full of the biggest crooks I've ever encountered.
Don't worry - Your dealership isn't the only one.

How many miles??

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

There's a little over 45,000.

I really haven't been able to take it out for long trips like I always imagined I would. Mostly just day tripping around the county.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do a seaarch here on RKE - Remote Keyless Entry Module - it sits behind the radio - they sometimes go beserk.
You can get the part from New and Pre-owned Chrysler dealer in Wycoff, NJ Wycoff Chrysler and if you're handy, replace it yourself, or have a mechanic do it. Ask around for a good mechanic.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles