Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My new tails!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2008, 04:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default My new tails!

Well I received my tail lights from Jon (StoneWhite) on the forums, and damn do they look good! Washed the PT today, got some pics, enjoy!

I love them

What do you guys think?!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 28 Apr 2008, 05:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: My new tails!

Lookz good!! HaHa I hope you enjoy them. I see you used the LED bulbs. You will like them at night too....

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 28 Apr 2008, 05:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Where can I find more of those bulbs? I would love to have them for my blinkers too! Thanks again, man!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 28 Apr 2008, 06:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
Where can I find more of those bulbs? I would love to have them for my blinkers too! Thanks again, man!
DealExtreme
Old 28 Apr 2008, 06:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

But ur blinkers will blink fast.... if you wouldnt mind that. You could get a load resistor to resolve that prob but I have no idea on how to install that.

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 28 Apr 2008, 09:39 pm
Young Cruiser

When I bought my 01 cruisier, it had the rocket tails in it and the blinker fashes really fast. I wonder what size resistor would fix it?

Bob
Billet Antenna, Rocket Taillights, Borla SS Duals, 18" Proline Alloys

I'm Lovin It
Old 29 Apr 2008, 01:56 am
Senior Cruiser

I went to Murrays earlier and I got the LED's for the blinkers. I wish I would have read your comment before hand, but I didn't get a chance to. Installed the LED on the blinkers and it did blink fast. On the package it gave me something to get for "Normal Operation".. Went back to Murrays and bought the resistor. I guess you have to get the ground wire, and the wire that send the current to the blinker lights and attach the resistor to those 2 wires. Maybe I will do it tomorrow - those LEDs are BRIGHT and it looks awesome.

I'll get the resistor package tomorrow and send you a picture of what it is. Looks a little complex...

My Baby:

Old 29 Apr 2008, 10:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: My new tails!

COOL!
Is it OK for me to say.... like your "tails"?

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 29 Apr 2008, 11:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
COOL!
Is it OK for me to say.... like your "tails"?
Of course! lol

My Baby:

Old 01 May 2008, 12:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Very nice, but now you have a DIFFERENT problem: those original reverse lights look all wrong with the new tails! (Oh no: ya gotta get another mod! Whip out that credit card!)

The Euro-style would probably go well with the new taillights: clear/red, as opposed to the original's opaque/red, if I can offer one possible suggestion!