Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
In the market for a new 2008 Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2008, 04:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default In the market for a new 2008 Turbo

With the $2.99 gas guarantee that Chrysler is offering, it is time to trade. I plan on ordering a Silver Limited with leather seats & a Turbo. Seeing that this will be our 3rd PT, I am quite sure of getting what I wish. I plan on removing most or all of the "BLING" I have put on the 2006.

It is our daily driver and it now has 41,000+ miles, it is time to trade. I wish to have the silver trim on the inside ie: air bag cover and around the instrument panel, so I can use the mods I have on the one I have now.

As we are heading to OKC today, it will have to wait until we return around the first of the month to do the ordering.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 May 2008, 06:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: In the market for a new 2008 Turbo

Ernie,

Have a safe trip out to OKC.

A good choice on an 08 Silver Limited. Yes, there are a lot of silver PT's around and it's for a good reason, it fits the classic/retro theme of the cruiser very well. I haven't seen the Chrysler ad about the $2.99 deal on gas but I can imagine they will just cut you a check (sort of rebate) for an average 12,000 miles a year for the difference between what gas is today and the 2.99.

Gas = 3.75, minus 2.99, equals .76, times 12k = $9,120

If that's what they are doing, great deal!

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!! I just found the ad from Chrysler and the credit card they are offering when you buy or lease a new PT is good for 3 years. You use the card and when you pay it back your gas is always (for 3 years) charged at the $2.99 per gallon rate. If they let you go 12k a year (see caclulations above) that's one heck of a great deal!!!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 May 2008 at 09:59 am.
Old 11 May 2008, 04:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
As we are heading to OKC today, it will have to wait until we return around the first of the month to do the ordering.
Just an FYI, but OKC is in Oklahoma. Might want to rethink that trip. Last time I drove cross-country, I planned the trip specifically to go around OK. God what a desolate place. I almost rethought joining the Army when I found out I had to go there for 5 weeks of training.
Old 11 May 2008, 07:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

We have been in Oklahoma City a number of times. Our daughter & family live near there. Grand daughter is graduating from high school.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 May 2008, 07:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

41k miles and its time to trade?????????????

I don't get it.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 11 May 2008, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
41k miles and its time to trade?????????????
I don't get it.
Dealers don't want high mileage cars. If you have any intension of trading in, the best time is before you put a lot of miles on.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 May 2008, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: In the market for a new 2008 Turbo

Hooligan!
And I was just goin' to post a pic of how the front end of the Black Sheep now looks like your PT!

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/n...owerGrille.jpg
HEY! OKLAHOMA IS OK!!!!
I spent 29 years in the Air Force around the country, including the 10 years prior in San Antonio. Settled here in OKCity 'cause is is a lot like San Antinio, but a step back to a better time, and better people.
I sure am glad everyone doesn't want to be here....especially the "crazy" California folks - Cal PT folks accepted.
Holligan - give me or PTDave a call if you get bored...JUST THINK...you could see the soonercruiser in person!!
I'm in the phone book...Frank (Francis) Lipsinic

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 12 May 2008 at 10:13 pm.
Old 12 May 2008, 02:11 am
Regular Cruiser

I didn't think 2008 PTs could be ordered w/a turbo???
Old 12 May 2008, 09:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahead View Post
I didn't think 2008 PTs could be ordered w/a turbo???
Turbo lite with auto is still available. But a turbo lite is still probably the same speed as my N/A stick.

The GT is discontinued, though. Probably was eating into Caliber RT sales.
Old 12 May 2008, 09:52 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
I sure am glad everyone doesn't want to be here....especially the "crazy" California folks -
That is about all its got going for it. But luckily they're probably all broke now from crackhead realestate deals. They were solely responsible for driving up new starter home prices in Vegas from $130K to $300K between 2002 and 2005. Now that the price is back down to $160K for a new home there, I'm sure alot of Californians lost thier shirts there. Luckily, you don't need a shirt to live in Cali.