Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stressed out...need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2008, 08:48 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Stressed out...need advice

i bought as you are all probably aware now a Mopar nonturbo inferno red ground effects kit off ebay for a great price. The pic in the ad is of a GT vert with the effects on. I thought this would work on my car. The kit is to be shipped out on the 15th....Now i learn there is a special turbo kit as the nonturbo kit will not fit the turbo front bumper as the curvature and depth of the bumper lip is different. So here is my dilema...would the car look funny without the fron pieces on? What if I just put the side skirts on? Would I look like a incomplete idiot or would it look alright? I would than sell the front and rear pieces...I hope..I don't know what the demand would be.? All advice welcome? Or should I try to get my ebay paypal money back and cancel the order? Can I do this? She does not have any turbo kits? I guess what I would like to do is go with just the sidesills but I need to know if this would pass. Funny how something like this can stress you out .Thanx to all who have helped,emailed me, etc...Can anyone photoshop a car with the side effects on or have pics of a car I can see with just sides on of somesort of side pieces
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 13 May 2008, 01:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Stressed out...need advice

The difference is just a larger opening for the turbo model for more airflow over the intercooler. I don't think you will have a problem mounting it. There is no chassis difference.

A better question is "is it a 'vert specific kit?".

Wish you had a GT as I need a new front facia for my red '03.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 13 May 2008, 02:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I am getting a refund for the amount -25.00$ for paypal return. I decided I am getting mixed reports as to if this kit will or will not work. I have obviously angered her which I am sorry, but i did not know there were different kits from Mopar, and she does have to acknowledge that she does have a GT silver vert turbo with the kit on it...so that is why I was confused. Just glad it is done. I also didn't like the idea of all those holes in my car, which I did not realize had to be drilled. Oh well another chapter done in my life to learn from. We all make mistakes.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 13 May 2008, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

I was told I would be notified by paypal via email when the funds are back in my paypal account. Does this mean I will see a credit to my visa?
Old 13 May 2008, 06:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I believe that the money will go into your PayPal account. You can transfer the funds back to your bank if you'd choose. I don't think it will go back to your Visa if you paid via PayPal.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 13 May 2008, 07:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

thanx
Old 15 May 2008, 09:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
i bought as you are all probably aware now a Mopar nonturbo inferno red ground effects kit off ebay for a great price.
Phil

I have heard of people installing the N/A kit on a turbo, I believe it restricts the intercooler opening slightly. As you can see in the photo, I have the N/A kit installed on my 'Vert. I love it, gives a different look to the car.

Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit