Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cost of a windshield?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2008, 01:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Cost of a windshield?

2002 pt limited, not sure that matters, how much do you think it will cost to get the windshield replaced?

I'm sooo aggrivated. The State of Maryland's inspection is sooo hard. The crack or whatever it's called isn't in the line of sight, I hardly notice it while driving but they want it replaced.. so any ideas how much it will put us back?

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
parents of Riley & Harrison and a crazy boxer named Minnie
Old 13 May 2008, 03:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Cost of a windshield?

We were quoted 200... does that sound like a good deal?

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
Old 13 May 2008, 04:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

How come your insurance isn't covering it. It's usually done with no money out of your pocket with comprehensive coverage using NO deductable?

I went on-line and got 3 quotes for a 2001 in my area. The quotes were $255, $322 and $326. Don't know if that helps or not. If you got a quote for $200 ....take it!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 May 2008, 04:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Oops, I put 200 instead of 2002..

Well it actually doesn't have a policy yet, and we bought it like that, so I'm not sure that insurance would cover it? (It's covered because we have coverage on us, but the car itself isn't covered???)

Old 13 May 2008, 04:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Your insurance should cover it under comprehensive damage (Natural causes). Call your insurance and see if you have comprehensive coverage.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 14 May 2008, 09:41 am
Regular Cruiser

Nope sorry I work in Auto Claims, if it was purchased like that it's not covered (prior damage). When you purchase a car you have 30 days to add it on to your policy. Unless you lie and say it just happened, it won't be covered as its prior damage to purchasing and insuring. $200 is a good price (we handle glass claims here too).

I should also add that whatever coverage your other car that you have insured is the coverage they're extending for the first 30 days prior to adding, so if you have liability only, your PT will only have liability. If you have comp and collision, it will have the same deductibles until you call and give them the info on your PT and request whatever coverages you want on it. Hope this helps. But once you report a claim on it you will need to come up with the premium to add it and then they'll pay, at least that is how my company works...You won't get "free" coverage for those 30 days, they will request a bill of sale and figure premium back to that date.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition

Last edited by JolieCruiser; 14 May 2008 at 09:45 am.
Old 14 May 2008, 04:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanks for the info!! Really appreciate it!!

We ended up paying 200 flat, seemed like a pretty good deal, we were out of there in 45 minutes

Old 15 May 2008, 06:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

200.00 is a good price !!