Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Cruiser Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2008, 06:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New Cruiser Purchase

I have always liked the PT Cruisers, and last weekend the timing was right.

Leased car was almost up, and the Chrysler dealer was pouring on the rebates so I now have a 2008 PT! It is the metallic silver/grey color.

Had a question for everyone out there, love the car but if I can change one thing it would be the driver's seat cushion. They are cloth seats, no power. It seems like after about 20 minutes the side bolsters on the seat get really uncomfortable. Any one else experienced this?
Old 14 May 2008, 06:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: New Cruiser Purchase

My 07's seat cushions were really unfomfortable the first several weeks I owned it, but they don't bother me anymore at all and it's quite comfortable. I think the foam they used in the seats just takes a while to break in.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: New Cruiser Purchase

I'm gonna' bet it's a "body style" issue. Your body!
Actually, my wife & I (under 6 foot tall) are very comfy in the cloth seats in soonercruiser. (far superior to the ole 1997 Dodge Caravan) But....
....we really prefer the leather interior of the Black Sheep!
That why they makes so many different cars styles - we are all different shapes.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 15 May 2008 at 09:31 am.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan1 View Post
My 07's seat cushions were really unfomfortable the first several weeks I owned it, but they don't bother me anymore at all and it's quite comfortable. I think the foam they used in the seats just takes a while to break in.
Phew, that is a load off my mind, I hope the seats conform to me a little bit more in the next 30 days. When I was test driving I found the seats to be ok, but then as soon as I drove off the lot...

(Soonercruiser, maybe it is a body style issue. I am not all that overweight, but I am a big guy
Old 15 May 2008, 06:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats on the new car !! enjoy !!
Old 15 May 2008, 09:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: New Cruiser Purchase

We are....."Wee People" Cruisers!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 15 May 2008, 02:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Side bolsters have not bothered us. Although my wife and I have different issues with the front seats. She drives the car mostly, is a foot plus shorter than I and has some arthritis in the hips. Her tush sits to deep in the seat and the front part of the seat cuts across her leggs... both problems causing pain. We tried many cars and the PT fit the best (hurt the least). So we made a wedge from thick memory foam, covered it in grey denum. She sits on it an is very comfortable now.

For me because she likes the seat back up almost verticle. Being taller it hits my back so that it pushes me to far forward. I have to put it back a notch or two. If I set on her cushion I set two high.

Moral of the story is... they make the seats fit some sort of average type persons torso. Problem is none of us are quite like that so some will be more comfy than others. If I had the bucks I would have opted for power seats but the car she loved didn't have them. Intersting... of all the things important in the decision the thing that swayed her was the color of the car... Pastel Yellow. Iv'e come to like it too. In three months I haven't seen another. Kinda cool.
Old 17 May 2008, 09:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Got some additional driving in today, the seats do seem to be conforming better, not perfect yet, or maybe my legs are getting used to them

I am getting to the point where I do not want to put any miles on the PT. My wife mentioned something about going down to the farmer's market (which is a good distance) and I stopped home first to switch cars!

Now I know I am quite attached to it.