Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 PT Cruiser Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2008, 07:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 07 PT Cruiser Questions

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and also new to PT Cruisers. Getting ready to buy one. I have owned 2 Neons which I understand the PT has a lot in common with. I'm mainly looking on AutoTrader and I've noticed something strange with the pricing. Hoping someone here can explain it. There are a LOT of 07 Touring Edition PTs, most Cool Vanilla or Silver, with the same options. Power windows and locks, CD player, around 15-25K miles and that's about it. No alloys, sunroof or cruise. And they are cheap. $9995 mostly with an occasion $8995. What's strange is that 04, 05, and 06's are going for the same price or more! One dealer told me these were Chrysler employee cars that he gets at the auction. I think they overproduced last year as the economy was going down and were stuck with a boatload more than they could sell. Anyone have an explanation about this? Also what problems are inherent to the PT and in particular the 07.
Sorry to write so much,
Mike
Old 19 May 2008, 07:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: 07 PT Cruiser Questions

First off - Welcome to the forums!

Someone has already had the same question as you just asked, and you can find that thread here: Why does 05 cost more than 07

Good luck!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 19 May 2008, 01:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Rental cars that have been turned in.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 May 2008, 02:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah. Alot of fleet cars. But I've also seen some cheap in that range with stick shifts, which I KNOW were not fleet cars. The 07's are cheap. But to put it in reference, my 07 was only $13,000 BRAND NEW. So put 20K miles on it, and it's not too far out of line for typical domestic car depriciation.
Old 19 May 2008, 03:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the quick replies. One more question I forgot to ask. I am looking at 2 different PTs and there is only 1 digit different in the VIN (except for serial no.)
3A4FY48B47T(541091)
3A4FY48B77T(511194)
Can anyone tell me what that 9th digit means?
Thanks Again,
Mike
Old 19 May 2008, 04:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's something to read on VIN's.

Facts about VIN Vehicle Identification Numbers

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 May 2008, 11:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Here's something to read on VIN's.

Facts about VIN Vehicle Identification Numbers
Interesting!

Maybe one day I can learn how to interpret a VIN just by looking at it, lol.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!