Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
start button..how do I do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2008, 01:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default start button..how do I do it?

I was looking on PTCrew.com...I see there is a photo of Den's inferno GT where he has put in a Start Button . How do I do this? Where do I get it? How do I install it? Is this a good idea? Do you still use the key? Is it hard to do?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 20 May 2008, 09:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: start button..how do I do it?

Hey Phil, AutoZone sells those buttons on their web site. Thought about getting one for my a couple of years ago. Not sure how they hook up, possibly the AutoZone people might know or hopefully it would come with instructions. I believe you would still put the key in the ignition, turn it to "on" the push the button.
Old 20 May 2008, 09:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Same way a Remote Starter works...Just as a button in the car!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 20 May 2008, 11:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

thanx guys...another thing my wife says I don't need...I keep telling her you don't buy a Porsche because you NEED one but because you WANT one
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 20 May 2008, 11:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
thanx guys...another thing my wife says I don't need...I keep telling her you don't buy a Porsche because you NEED one but because you WANT one
I double that one!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 21 May 2008, 03:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

And I'm sure she believed that.
Old 22 May 2008, 09:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to DJmart

From what I understand.... wiring the switch is as follows.....

Splice the yellow wire coming from the ignition switch and route it to one pole on the momentary switch....

the other pole goes to a SWITCHED positive feed, coming from the lower ciggarrete 12v, and that should do it right?

Its really not hard, and thats what im understanding thus far.
Old 22 May 2008, 08:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

I DID IT!

aright fellas its finally done!

check out the youtube video! Suprisingly it looks pretty bad, it was a lot lighter when viewing on the computer without watching on youtube, oh well you get the idea.

I used the child-lock for the rear windows, as the 12v feed is cut when the child-lock is engaged! That way I have some sort of killswitch incase you have a passenger that Is known to touch all the buttons haha.

well let me know what you think!

Old 22 May 2008, 11:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Why are you playing with the window switch while you are pusing the button?Also where can I buy a Start button kit for cheap?
Old 23 May 2008, 06:38 am
Regular Cruiser

To show if the child-lock is engaged the starter switch becomes inactive.

ebay sells starter button kits that have multicolored lights and stuff but thats too much.