Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Altezza tail lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2008, 11:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Altezza tail lights

I does anyone know if those Altezza tail lights you see on ebay for around 70$ are any good? Or are they craP?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 22 May 2008, 11:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Altezza tail lights

Get the TYC ones if possible... Not the APC ones....

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 23 May 2008, 12:25 am
Senior Cruiser

What are TYC taillights...I don't know what you are talking about? Where do you buy them?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 23 May 2008, 05:26 am
Young Cruiser

Whats wrong with the APC ones....?
Old 23 May 2008, 02:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Altezza tail lights

May be nothing wrong with APC.
But, TYC are of high quality; easy to install (fits the PT as advertised), and looks great too.
Image of TYC Tail lights - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First suggestion is too check out Maggie at Race&Street.com

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 23 May 2008 at 02:45 pm. Reason: ad pic link
Old 23 May 2008, 04:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Frank,

I must say the TYC does look good but I'll have to disagree when you disagreed with me about fit of after market tail lights. Even yours, you can see the recess all the way around the lights, the small recess that you don't see on the OEM lights. It doesn't look too bad, but it is there and anyone who's really fussy about fit and finish (like the guy now selling the IPCW lights and myself who put the chrome trim around each light) won't like the 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap around the lights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Jun 2008, 03:19 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Ironman

it looks like the gap is due to an incorrect installation. Push the tail light upward while you tighten the mounting screw and that should even out the gap.
Old 03 Jun 2008, 06:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
it looks like the gap is due to an incorrect installation. Push the tail light upward while you tighten the mounting screw and that should even out the gap.
The problem is that us "fussy" folks don't want to "even out the gap". We don't like the gap in the first place. The OEM lights don't have a gap no matter which way or how you put them on.

Now with the IPCW, Altezza or TYC lights that have a black edge and you put them on a black PT, it might not show up too bad, but put them on a lighter color PT and it's evident that they don't fit properly.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 03:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Old 18 Aug 2008, 04:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Seems you were trying to rush or something...Could have taken a lot less time if you were paying attention to what you were doing/saying.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!