Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I'm in love...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2008, 09:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default I'm in love...

I just walked in from a late night cruise and I have to say that I am in love with this car. Sure some of you may say it's a waste of gas, but hey, who doesn't spend money on their hobby. Amazing weather, the lights down on St. Pete Beach and some sweet music just made the perfect atmosphere. I don't think I can ever bring myself to sell this car. Anyone else ever get that or am I the weird one?
Old 23 May 2008, 11:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: I'm in love...

I love my car too. It puts a smile on me everytime I look at it, or drive it.I love that it is sporty, seats 4 people, and is practical, and cheap. I paid 11000$ for my inferno red GT 2003 5 speed.from its original owner. This included 4 Blizzak tires on winter rims. I love doing the mod thing. I love washing and waxing it. I constantly get comments like...cool car...look at you...love those chrome wheels...love the colour...boy that car shines like a new dime, ...beautiful car...etc....I love it much more tan the 40000$ Toyota Tacoma quad cab 4WD TRD I had before it.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 24 May 2008, 12:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
I love my car too. It puts a smile on me everytime I look at it, or drive it.I love that it is sporty, seats 4 people, and is practical, and cheap. I paid 11000$ for my inferno red GT 2003 5 speed.from its original owner. This included 4 Blizzak tires on winter rims. I love doing the mod thing. I love washing and waxing it. I constantly get comments like...cool car...look at you...love those chrome wheels...love the colour...boy that car shines like a new dime, ...beautiful car...etc....I love it much more tan the 40000$ Toyota Tacoma quad cab 4WD TRD I had before it.
Couldn't agree more. The general consensus at my school is that PT's are lame, so I show them mine. Those that aren't turned to liking it by its looks get a ride and THEN they like it. Every time I see my car I like it more, and that is rare. I even got a friend to swap cars with me and go on a cruise just so i could see how good it looked on the move.
Old 25 May 2008, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to digitalpinscruiser Send a message via Yahoo to digitalpinscruiser

Same here I am a new user and in love with my PT Cruiser. I just brought one yesterday a 2007 Touring Edition and I just love it. I drove all day yesterday after getting it and then waxed it early this morning and drove again for a few hours...lol...just driving my girlfriend crazy with it now.

But its just an awesome car I always wanted one since it first launched and now I have one.
Old 26 May 2008, 05:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpinscruiser View Post
But its just an awesome car I always wanted one since it first launched and now I have one.
Same, SinceI first saw them, I loved them, I can't believe how lucky I am to have this as my first car!
Old 26 May 2008, 05:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

I agree. I just took my first roadtrip with the PT, and I'm so impressed. Such a smooth ride, and the gas mileage wasnt bad. I averaged about 90 mph and got 29 to the gallon on the highway. ptmodrod., you're cars the sh*t. Where did you get your rollpan. You took away that station wagon look that im going for.
Old 26 May 2008, 06:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to digitalpinscruiser Send a message via Yahoo to digitalpinscruiser

going on my first road trip with it in July I cant wait to get it on the highway..
Old 27 May 2008, 12:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

After doing all the work on my PT, I can't help but love it. The car out performs in the corners anything else I have driven. Paired with the engine work I have done to it, it sounds great too!

It will be hard to part with it. I am attempting to make enough income to keep it in the garage and then get a second car. However unrealistic that may be at this time, I keep trying to find a way to make that happen.
Old 28 May 2008, 07:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by air4cefamily View Post
I agree. I just took my first roadtrip with the PT, and I'm so impressed. Such a smooth ride, and the gas mileage wasnt bad. I averaged about 90 mph and got 29 to the gallon on the highway. ptmodrod., you're cars the sh*t. Where did you get your rollpan. You took away that station wagon look that im going for.
You and I are the lucky ones on gas mileage I guess I got about 27 doing 85 mph for the majority of the drive. My rollpan is *cringe* California Cruisers... Its an amazing rollpan, great quality etc, but it was expensive and Cal Cru is notorious for being terrible with out-of-state customers. My experience was no different, I had to send it back 3 times because they sent the wrong one and they hardly ever responded. If you're willing to go through the hassle and gamble a bit, they are worth it. My front was from them too, I got the Shark (no fogs, installed those in grille later.)