Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door Lock Pulls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2008, 09:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Door Lock Pulls

Question: I was changing my door lock pulls to chrome ones, got the drivers door done. Went to the passenger door on the drivers side, removed the original in the unlock position went to go put the chrome on and there's nothing for it to go down on. Could something have slipped down inside the door panel? Now I"m afraid to do the others.

I have an appointment at 1pm at the dealer to get the oil changed and am going to ask if they have time to look at it and maybe put the others on. Do you think this is going to be a costly fix? Such as taking the door apart etc? Now I'm afraid to do anymore to it myself.

I was just going to go to "lurk" mode after yesterday but couldn't find anything in searches so here I am asking....

Thanks!
Old 24 May 2008, 09:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Door Lock Pulls

Hopefully it didn't go all the way down inside the hole, maybe just out of site into the lock position. Use a flashlight to see if you can see the tip of the rod and then a needlenose pliers to pull it up. If it is out of site even when looking down, you'll have to ask at the dealers for help unless you want to tackle the job of taking off the door panel.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2008, 10:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Looks like dealer's help. Can't see a thing...didn't even hear anything when I removed the original. Now I know I won't tackle the antenna bezel myself. LOL Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 24 May 2008, 07:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Everything turned out great. Went to the dealer for my oil change and showed the service manager and one of the guys the door pulls and they said they would fix it and put the other two on. 45 minutes later I was handed my bill and went to go pay and I owed $0.00 My first oil change is free (didn't know that...otherwise its $5.99) and no charge on the door pulls. You could have knocked me over with a feather! I was expecting $75 -$100. Anyway I couldn't leave without saying Thank you again and giving the service manager $ to order pizza for everyone. I would have never been able to fix it myself. Ended up a good day.
Old 24 May 2008, 08:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That was nice of them....and nice of you too. Keep the service advisers card in a place you can find and try to use him whenever you go in for service. I've found that once you find a good person to deal with, try and stick with him as long as possible. It pays off in the end.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2008, 10:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Congratulations, you found a KEEPER .

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar