Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
engine mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2008, 05:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default engine mounts

lost my top mount last month now the bottom mount is clunking.Anyone no if mounts are include in the 7 -70,000. mile engine drivetrain?
Old 25 May 2008, 06:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: engine mounts

Welcome to the forum!! You are asking us questions and haven't told us anything about your car. To help, it would be nice to know: NA or Turbo, miles, year etc, where you are located??

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 May 2008, 07:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hi sorry i be a newbee..lol 04 gt 43,000 miles autostick,screaming deamon coil, computer chip,lots of chrome outside including your chrome grills,wood dash kit,aftermarket rotors dont know who made them.I'm in palm bh fl. I,ve drivin dozens of cars and big rigs but just love this little car.ok fuel milage but my new vette is almost as good.see my post under fuel milage....I first lost my upper right torque mount now the bottom right is going out love ya car looks like my patriot blue one but daker.
Old 25 May 2008, 08:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

I just pulled up Chrysler's lifetime warranty, not listed on the detailed parts listing. The lifetime warranty is supposed to be just an elongation of the previous 7 year, so I'd say no.

This might be an opportunity to upgrade mounts to a urethane mount instead of a crappy rubber one: eBay Motors: Dodge Neon Srt4 Srt-4 Motor Mount Turbo PT Cruiser (item 280230119960 end time May-31-08 19:35:45 PDT)

Energy Suspension Transmission Mount - Group 5 Motorsport - A premier automotive performance store in San Diego
Old 25 May 2008, 08:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan1 View Post
I just pulled up Chrysler's lifetime warranty, not listed on the detailed parts listing. The lifetime warranty is supposed to be just an elongation of the previous 7 year, so I'd say no.

This might be an opportunity to upgrade mounts to a urethane mount instead of a crappy rubber one: eBay Motors: Dodge Neon Srt4 Srt-4 Motor Mount Turbo PT Cruiser (item 280230119960 end time May-31-08 19:35:45 PDT)

Energy Suspension Transmission Mount - Group 5 Motorsport - A premier automotive performance store in San Diego

Thank you for the note lakersfan1 the mounts are within 15 minutes of me.this forum is great.Rob aka lt4supr
Old 31 May 2008, 01:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to hoppyloop Send a message via Yahoo to hoppyloop

Hello my 2004 2.4- auto base model the top motor mount i can move it with my hand, not good right or does it give that much.
thanks
Old 31 May 2008, 01:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyloop View Post
Hello my 2004 2.4- auto base model the top motor mount i can move it with my hand, not good right or does it give that much.
thanks
Your mounts have to be able to take 165 ft/lbs of torque to move 3000 lbs of car. So unless you're Mr Universe, no you shouldn't be able to move it more than a couple mm or so by hand. If you can see the mount, if there are any visible cracks or tears, you can be sure they're toast.
Old 31 May 2008, 01:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4supr View Post
Hi sorry i be a newbee..lol 04 gt 43,000 miles autostick,screaming deamon coil, computer chip,lots of chrome outside including your chrome grills,wood dash kit,aftermarket rotors dont know who made them.I'm in palm bh fl. I,ve drivin dozens of cars and big rigs but just love this little car.ok fuel milage but my new vette is almost as good.see my post under fuel milage....I first lost my upper right torque mount now the bottom right is going out love ya car looks like my patriot blue one but daker.
It4supr, I would still check with a chrysler dealer, just in case this is covered in your warranty....do you have jus the reg. warranty or a service contract?

My mounts may need to be replaced, soon, and my mechanics, at the NW Dodge dealership, told me to bring it in and have them replaced before my contract goes out...I will just pay 100 bucks (deductable)...Check just to be sure.

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 31 May 2008, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekypt View Post
My mounts may need to be replaced, soon, and my mechanics, at the NW Dodge dealership, told me to bring it in and have them replaced before my contract goes out...I will just pay 100 bucks (deductable)...Check just to be sure.
$100 to pay someone else to do it after leaving my car with them all day with someone with an IQ in the single digits, and they'll probably break again in another 30K miles

-or-

15 minutes of my own time and $150 to never have to worry about engine mounts again and make sure they're done right the first time.

Some things aren't worth having the dealership do.
Old 02 Jun 2008, 09:00 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan1 View Post
$100 to pay someone else to do it after leaving my car with them all day with someone with an IQ in the single digits, and they'll probably break again in another 30K miles

-or-

15 minutes of my own time and $150 to never have to worry about engine mounts again and make sure they're done right the first time.

Some things aren't worth having the dealership do.
Yes, it seems that a lot of folks have problems with their dealerships...however, I've never had a problem with mine. There are only 3 folks I deal with in the service department and they make sure I have no problem when I leave.

They are a gem!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg