Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oxidized headlights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 May 2008, 08:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Oxidized headlights

Can anyone please help with how I can make my headlight covers look new again. These plastic covers oxidize so easily. Both me and my daughter have this problem with our 02 Tourings.

Thanks
Old 26 May 2008, 10:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Oxidized headlights

maguires has a clear plastic polish that works well.
Old 27 May 2008, 12:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

You could get ond of those Flitz polishers I have seen advertised on tv. Crank it into a drill motor. They say it works but I have no personal experience with it. I have heard of other products specifically for that. I would search the net.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 27 May 2008, 03:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

New Headlights is what it boils down to, Ive had this problem on other cars of mine and nothing is a permanent fix...

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 27 May 2008, 03:51 pm
Young Cruiser

There is a product I think it is called Crystal view,, (comes in a silver pouch) That includes a couple of different sandpaper, compound, and a sealer to repair Fogged out lenses.

Crystal View Chemicals - The BEST headlight lens restorer, headlight defogger, headlight repair and headlight cleaner at the best value, Restore yellow , hazy, cloudy looking lens to like new condition!

I used it it cleared up my lenses,, still looks good.

Tom
Old 27 May 2008, 04:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Thanks for info!!!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 19 Jun 2010, 03:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Tom, Thank you! My girlfriend and I were considering getting new complete headlights on her 2005 GT convertible before we restearched it further. We will be ordering this soon.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 03:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Deen,

That post is over 2 years old. If you can't find that product or just want to read some more on the subject here's a link to an older post with dozens of answers.

Whats everyone doing about cloudy headlights?????

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 03:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you very much I think we're going to go with the CV headlight restore product.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 08:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

hello i work at a truck leasing co . i do alot of headlights on trucks . i use maguires med cut rubbing compound with a drill and soft ball . after i do med cut i spray light with simple green than wipe off than use fine cut and than clean again . i have done this on my 2002 i use to have came out like new light .also if you have some one who does window chip repair thay might do headlight restore . the one in our area does head lights alot cheeper than new

Last edited by LNBNDN; 20 Jun 2010 at 08:05 am.