Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The Saga Continues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2008, 02:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Default The Saga Continues

I ordered my AR Aeros from Tires Plus in Omaha about th e 1st of April (this year) and AR told us the would be in on May 11th. That date came and went and when my dealer call them, they told him they would in there on May 23rd. When I checked back they wern't in yet. I personally called AR to talk to their Customer Service Dept. and the person said essentuially said "we don't got one" Well, I was shocked beyond belief But,he did say that they should be on the shipment due to arrive June 1st I, personally believe that a Chinese, one - lung, fishing junk could have made it across the Pacific Ocean faster then whatever they used.

So I stopped by the dealership June 4 and no wheels. He called out to AR in Cali. and talked to the manager (For all we know, it could have been a janitor) and he said that a shipment did come in, but they have not had a chance to check it out and it would be the middle of June before we get them Foolish me went on the assumption that this was the Digital age and all businesses (except kids' neighborhood lemonade stands) computers and electronic processing _NOT. These guys could screw up a 2 car funeral procession.

Unless you like dealing with American Racing and the total shell game they like to play, I would stay away. Dealing with AR is my second most favorite thing to do. In first place would be dipping my face in battery acid and wiping it off with a belt sander.

Just think if AR ran the Witeness Protection Program, then NO ONE would know where ANYBODY is at ANYONE time.

Jim

Last edited by CruisnHskrJim; 05 Jun 2008 at 02:58 pm.
Old 05 Jun 2008, 02:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt
Default Re: The Saga Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisnHskrJim View Post
I ordered my AR Aeros from Tires Plus in Omaha about th e 1st of April (this year) and AR told us the would be in on May 11th. That date came and went and when my dealer call them, they told him they would in there on May 23rd. When I checked back they wern't in yet. I personally called AR to talk to their Customer Service Dept. and the person said essentuially said "we don't got one" Well, I was shocked beyond belief But,he did say that they should be on the shipment due to arrive June 1st I, personally believe that a Chinese, one - lung, fishing junk could have made it across the Pacific Ocean faster then whatever they used.

So I stopped by the dealership and no wheels. He called out to AR in Cali. and talked to the manager (For all we know, it cold have been a janitor) and he said that a shipment did come in, but they have not had a chance to check it out and it would be the middle of June before we get them Foolish me went on the assumption that this was the Digital age and all businesses (except kids' neighborhood lemonade stands) computers and electronic processing _NOT. These guys could screw up a 2 car funeral procession.

Unless you like dealing with American Racing and the total shell game they like to play, I would stay away. Dealing with AR is my second most favorite thing to do. In first place would be dipping my face in battery acid and wiping it off with a belt sander.

Just think if AR ran the Witeness Protection Program, then NO ONE would know where ANYBODY is at ANYONE time.

Jim
Whoa! Thanks for the post Cruisn....that's just crazy! Can you find these anywhere else???

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 05 Jun 2008, 03:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: The Saga Continues

TireRack.com!
Wheel and tire deal - inexpensive - mounted & balanced - shipped, and received within a week!

Eat your heart out!
(son does SCCA autocross, and "swears" by them)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 05 Jun 2008, 05:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Soonercruiser

I tried the Tirerack before and they didn't have any AR Aeros in stock. I kind of like the Retro look of Aeros with the Retro look of the Cruiser. AR has the upper hand now, but I plan to report their business practices, or lack thereof, to the B. B. B. Thanks anyway.

Jim
Old 05 Jun 2008, 10:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: The Saga Continues

I got mine through Discount Tire, but that was 2004... No issues, though (but I won't ever buy tires from them again - they sell bottom-of-the-barrel tires).

When you get them, be very careful about where you take the car for an alignment. Mine were damaged when an old guy I was referred to for alignment work did mine. Too bad I didn't notice until a month or so later when the weather was good and I was washing my car.

I like the wheels alot, though!

Last edited by RollerBob; 05 Jun 2008 at 10:30 pm.