Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Brake Pads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool Brake Pads

I am not sure where to post this so if this is the wrong spot I appologize. I am wondering if my 2004 P/T Touring Edition 2.4 Turbo can use ceramic Brake pads or will it burn up the rotors. I would really like to use cause my front rims look terrible covered in black brake dust. Thanks
Old 10 Jun 2008, 11:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Brake Pads

You can use ceramic. Just be sure you get the ones for the Turbo model becasue you have bigger rotors

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 10 Jun 2008, 06:52 pm
Young Cruiser

I bought a set of ceramics and drilled/slotted rotors as a package deal. Everything was USA made, fit perfect and works like a champ. Around 130 on ebay.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 10:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Steel Blue View Post
You can use ceramic. Just be sure you get the ones for the Turbo model becasue you have bigger rotors
Front pads are the same fro N/A & turbo - only the shims are different, and they always seem to give you the N/A shims - I just clean & re-use the original shims since they're stainless steel.

I found good prices at Tire Rack.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles