PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Specifics of Lifetime warranty?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2008, 11:20 am
Young Cruiser

Default Specifics of Lifetime warranty?

Ok, I did the search, checked the Chrysler site....anybody know the specifics of the lifetime warranty...particularly coverage of a/c components, fuel injection electronics, timing belt, automatic transmission?
My local dealer is worthless for this stuff. Heck, they still want 25grand for a left over 2007 turbolite.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 01:14 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Specifics of Lifetime warranty?

Couple of questions to help us help you.

Model year?

Ownership-Lifetime warranty applies only to first owner.

Do you have a copy of the warranty booklet that was furnished with your vehilce when it was delivered? It is rather specific as to what is and what is not covered.

Do you have a specific question we look up for you?
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Nope to all......I'm merely trying to justify a new PT in my mind. The lifetime warranty is the big seller, but not if it only covers a broken crankshaft at 1203pm in Fargo.....
So I'm thinking of the common things that could be over 1,000 to repair ie;a/c, automatic, ecu and related parts....
Again, my local dealer(remote area, 13 miles from mexico border)is of no use. Most of our local new car dealers have been put off limits to military personnel(Army town). That should tell you something...!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 02:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptborder View Post
Nope to all......I'm merely trying to justify a new PT in my mind. The lifetime warranty is the big seller, but not if it only covers a broken crankshaft at 1203pm in Fargo.....
So I'm thinking of the common things that could be over 1,000 to repair ie;a/c, automatic, ecu and related parts....
Again, my local dealer(remote area, 13 miles from mexico border)is of no use. Most of our local new car dealers have been put off limits to military personnel(Army town). That should tell you something...!
Try this:

New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty - Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Crossovers - Warranties

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 13 Jun 2008, 11:11 am
Young Cruiser

That's the same thing I already read. It's very general and noninclusive. Then again, I'm used to writing contracts and always looking for loopholes.
Thanks anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 11:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
That's the same thing I already read. It's very general and noninclusive. Then again, I'm used to writing contracts and always looking for loopholes.
Thanks anyway.
This was enough for me: "The Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components engine, transmission and drive system on most new Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles."

New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty - Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Crossovers - Warranties

No prob!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 13 Jun 2008, 05:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks anyway.
A different approach is to COMPARE the list of items covered under the EXISTING warranty with the listing of covered items under an EXTENDED Chrysler Service Contract. This Iowa Chrysler dealer provides very detailed listings of covered/non-covered items on their Chrysler Service Contract website:

eServiceContracts Free Online Quote, Warranty Selection* Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Service Contracts

Click on Added Care Plus or Maximum Care along the left margin for listings of items that may be ADDED to the Powertrain Warranty through a Chrysler Service Contract.

Last edited by TalkieTime; 13 Jun 2008 at 05:30 pm.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 09:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

I spoke with a chrysler represenitive (not a dealer) and learned the following.

The timing belt is covered as well as the waterpump (believe it or not).

None of the following are covered... A/C, fuel injection, power steering, emissions, electrical components (switches, relays, wiring harness, sensors etc.

It still not a bad deal, one think that I hate as an engine gets older is oil leaks. All gaskets are covered. You can have 200,000 miles on your PT and if the valve cover, oil pan, main seals etc start to leak...it's covered.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 02:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the info, now I've got to find out if the turbo is covered...just posted a thread in convertible section re;a new leftover 2006 GT convert I found last night...sudden lust. It'd help to justify it with the lifetime warranty. And form what I read it would be covered.... a '06 model, never sold, still new. Dealer even has 2 of them, plus 2 others(non GT). All '06 models.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 06:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

YES, Turbo is covered