PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Interesting Race

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2008, 04:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Interesting Race

I was on I4 on my way back from Orlando last night when I looked in my reir view mirror to see an HHR dogging me... I was in the fast lane doing about 85 and he was just right there. I changed lanes figuring he wanted to go by me, but he didn't, he changed lanes with me... I looked again and realized, to my horror, that it was no regular HHR. It was an HHR SS. 260 HP... Thats 90 more than me, plus on the highway, his turbo is already spooling. I knew right then I had no chance, but i decided to toy with him a bit. I threw it in fourth and clipped it up to a hundred miles an hour and passed a couple of cars and, surprise surprise, he was still on me. There was a clump of traffic ahead, loosely packed but there were cars in every lane. I zipped in and out of the cars for a bit with him following me closely (nothing unsafe, I promise) eventually I just dropped back down to 85 and let him go, and go he did. That thing took of like a bat outta hell!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 05:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Interesting Race

Haven't seen a SS on the street, yet. My modded SRT-4 would crush it. I do like them, though. In '09 they are coming out with a SS Panel version.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 16 Jun 2008, 08:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't doubt that! The panel version will be pretty cool. I think that HHRs look good, but I don't like the interior. It's sad that I have the only car in my family that COULDN'T beat the HHR SS.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTmodrod View Post
I threw it in fourth and clipped it up to a hundred miles an hour and passed a couple of cars and, surprise surprise, he was still on me. There was a clump of traffic ahead, loosely packed but there were cars in every lane. I zipped in and out of the cars for a bit with him following me closely (nothing unsafe, I promise
316.085 Impropr Change of Lane
316.183 Unlawful Speed (Mandatory hearing when spped exceeds limit of 30mph or more)
315.156 Failed to Signal for Change of Direction
316.191 Racing on Highway

Aggressive Driving:
. Aggressive driving is defined in terms of existing Title 21 offenses such as failure to yield, unsafe lane change, disregard of a traffic control device, failure to stop at the command of a police officer, following too closely, passing on a shoulder, and speeding. Individuals convicted of 2 or more of these offenses as a result of continuous conduct are guilty of aggressive driving and are subject to increased penalties. Offenders are required to complete a behavioral modification/attitudinal-driving course within 90 days after the conviction for aggressive driving. Failure to attend the course may result in suspension of the individuals driving privilege.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 16 Jun 2008 at 08:57 pm.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 09:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

333.458 You had fun, nobody got hurt
352.125 That doesnt mean you don't have a fast car, it means you need to make it faster.
367.147 HHR are gross. Much more brickshaped than the PT.

'03 Pt, headrest monitors, dvd, painted interior (kind of), modified air box, K&N drop in filter
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
In '09 they are coming out with a SS Panel version.
A friend of mine has a white panel and the strange thing is that he's already looking for rear seats for it. It's a very nice vehicle, although I really like my 'Vert's interior much better.

Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTmodrod View Post
I don't doubt that! The panel version will be pretty cool. I think that HHRs look good, but I don't like the interior. It's sad that I have the only car in my family that COULDN'T beat the HHR SS.
I don't like them at all! Too much of a clone...I don't like clones....also, I think they are a poor job of a pt look-a-like. I would have torn him up, if I was there...

I will never forget coming from the country (Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas!!!) back to Houston and this BMW M (3 series) was speeding...he passed me and I went and caught him and passed him and led him for quite a while...we did this, switching about four or five times....driving at speeds around 120mph (no other cars around)...Shugga Plum shifted out AGAIN at 100mph...I think he was quite surprised. The thing is, once he let me pass him, it was like he had a hard time catching up to me. Again, I bought Shugga Plum used, and it already has exterior mods, so I wouldn't be surprised what mods it has under the hood! IT definitely has something a little extra than 215 hp!

Crewzin...yes, I know, I deserved a ticket that day, it was very irresponsible.

But him and I both learned something that day

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg

Last edited by Teekypt; 16 Jun 2008 at 11:53 pm.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
316.085 Impropr Change of Lane
316.183 Unlawful Speed (Mandatory hearing when spped exceeds limit of 30mph or more)
315.156 Failed to Signal for Change of Direction
316.191 Racing on Highway

Aggressive Driving:
. Aggressive driving is defined in terms of existing Title 21 offenses such as failure to yield, unsafe lane change, disregard of a traffic control device, failure to stop at the command of a police officer, following too closely, passing on a shoulder, and speeding. Individuals convicted of 2 or more of these offenses as a result of continuous conduct are guilty of aggressive driving and are subject to increased penalties. Offenders are required to complete a behavioral modification/attitudinal-driving course within 90 days after the conviction for aggressive driving. Failure to attend the course may result in suspension of the individuals driving privilege.
Ouchie!

Old 17 Jun 2008, 12:09 am
Regular Cruiser

It's all fun and games until a car full of innocent people lie dead in the ditch.

Take it to a track next time.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 12:16 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
It's all fun and games until a car full of innocent people lie dead in the ditch.

Take it to a track next time.

Closed Thread