Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
As the World Sickens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:27 am
Young Cruiser

Default As the World Sickens

As most of you know from my postings of this tragic "Soap Oprea", I ordered my American Racing Aero chrome wheels from Tires Plus in Omaha about the 1st of April (this year) and AR told us they would be in on May 11th. That date came and went and when my dealer call them, they told him they would be there on May 23rd. When I checked back they weren't in yet. I personally called AR to talk to their Customer Service Dept. and the person said essentuially said "we don't have one" . I told him I was not surprised at that because customer care seems to be non- existent at AR. He did say that they should be on the shipment due to arrive June 1st. and and I was second in line to get a set of wheels. They must have told my Tires Plus dealer,the same thing, because he was expecting them on that date, also.

After waiting 2 months , now I found out that they were on a slow boat from CHINA, and I find out they they are made by the Chinese, not USA. Maybe AR should change their name to Chinese Racing........at least that would be more honest, but I believe that honesty and integrety is something AR has a strong adversion to.

So I stopped by the dealership June 4 and no wheels. He called out to AR in Cali. and talked to the manager (For all we know, it could have been a janitor) and he said that a shipment did come in, but they have not had a chance to check it out and it would be the middle of June before we get them. Foolish me went on the assumption that this was the Digital age and all businesses (except kids' neighborhood lemonade stands) computers and electronic processing _NOT. These guys could screw up a 2 car funeral procession.

I stopped by my dealer on June 10 and no wheels. He called them again and he was told that they were on the way and we should get them BEFORE
the end of the week...June 12 or 13. The weekend came and went and no wheels. I had my dealer call AR ....AGAIN and whoever he talked to did NOT know where the order was.

It is now 2 monthes and one week to the day when AR first promised me delievery of my wheels. 9 WEEKS after a delivery date, that was set up by
American/Chinese Racing and not one word of expanation or apology.

Jim
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: As the World Sickens

At this rate, you could just tell them you want your money back. They obviously have no idea where your wheels are, so they could still show up and you could keep them! Free rims sound nice... By the way, If your rims come with locknuts, be careful! I have seen two sets of AR lugs go bad. They sent three left hand threaded ones to my brother for goodness sake!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 11:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Get your money back. Don't mess around, sue them if you have to!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 12:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you paid by a major credit card, call them up and file a dispute. Tell them you never received goods that you paid for and have the dealer as a witness. They should be able to credit your account.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 12:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Shoots! If those suckers do arrive, I would ask for at least a 50% discount! They won't give them to you for free....if this doesn't work, send 'em back and ask for a refund....

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 18 Jun 2008, 02:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Heck with the discount or whatever. I would DEMAND my money back & file complaint with the BBB & every other onsumer advocate groupyou can find! If they advertise on any forums I would tell my story there & call any magazines/publications they are in & notify them of the lack of integrity their sponsor shows.
If that achieved nothing, take them to court.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 02:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Crewzin is right, Just get your money back and cancel the order. They want the rims back, they can pay to have them shipped back too. Then just buy them through another company.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 06:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Why would you give this horrible company all that money? There must be other nice chrome wheels you could install!