PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT In You Tube Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2008, 08:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thumbs up PT In You Tube Video

About half way into video caught this pt on vegas strip in it
Can view better if you click on high quality when on site. Only thing it stops & starts for the 4 min. video after that plays all the way through without stopping.

To Many Modifications, Trophies, Awards, to list. i.e. 2005 Cruiser Quarterly Spring Issue Cover Feature. 2007-2004 Chrysler Custom Modified Vehicle Award Winner SEMA/NACE/C.E.S./World Of Wheels/ISCA/NCCA. 2003 Top Ten Chrysler PT Cruiser Custom Court Show Runner Up.
www.cardomain.com/ride/450026
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: PT In You Tube Video

Yeah I saw the blue PT. Don't know what this guy was thinking though. I'm no pontiac fan, but he turned a what was nice looking into one that looks stupid. I liked his doors & that was about it. If you look close at 3:06 into the video, he should get his money back on that custom vert top he had made for it.
Just my 2 cents
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Man... the flashing color really hurt my head. Saw the pt. dont really like what he did to the solstice
Old 19 Jun 2008, 06:42 am
Cool Cruiser

I like the Solstice as a car itself... Looks cool
n Hot! I was thinkin about gettin one. Did you know that....

The rear axle and differential are from the Sigma-based Cadillac CTS
The interior storage bin is from the Cadillac XLR
The passenger's side airbag, steering column, and exterior and interior door handles are from the Chevrolet Cobalt
The backup lights are from the GMC Envoy
The heating, ventilating, and air conditioning modules are from the Hummer H3The front fog lamp assembly is from the Pontiac Grand Prix
The steering wheel is from the Pontiac Torrent, Pontiac G5, Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Malibu
The 2.4 L Ecotec engine is shared with the Opel Astra, Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Cobalt, and Chevrolet HHR
The five-speed manual transmission is from the Hummer H3, GMC Canyon, and Chevrolet Colorado
The five-speed automatic is from the Cadillac CTS, STS, and SRX
The side view mirrors and AC vents are from the Fiat Barchetta
The seat frames are from the previous generation Opel Corsa

Seems like they reached into the parts bin of other GM cars and up came up with the Solstice...

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 19 Jun 2008, 08:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhitePT2 View Post

The passenger's side airbag, steering column, and exterior and interior door handles are from the Chevrolet Cobalt
The heating, ventilating, and air conditioning modules are from the Hummer H3The front fog lamp assembly is from the Pontiac Grand Prix
The steering wheel is from the Pontiac Torrent, Pontiac G5, Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Malibu
The 2.4 L Ecotec engine is shared with the Opel Astra, Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Cobalt, and Chevrolet HHR
The five-speed manual transmission is from the Hummer H3, GMC Canyon, and Chevrolet Colorado

Seems like they reached into the parts bin of other GM cars and up came up with the Solstice...
Not a fan of the Solstice at all. What r the HP on those things...I know that when they first came out it was like 170hp...maybe higher, but I know it didn't break 200hp...I definitely wasn't impressed. I am not a GM fan at all, but the one Pontiac I like is the new GTO...those are clean and they sound nice....not that I'd ever get one

I like patterns...but I don't think he integrated them well at all on the solstice....I mean, did the designs or patterns even have a theme? Do they relate to the meaning of "solstice"...what was he trying to communicate? Did I miss something here? Guess, I am trying to find a way to justify those patterns...I like 'em, but not necessarily on a car....

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:

You know that PTs are like that too right? Lots of cars share way more parts with other cars than manufacturers would like to admit. Keeps the cost down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekypt View Post
I like patterns...but I don't think he integrated them well at all on the solstice....I mean, did the designs or patterns even have a theme? Do they relate to the meaning of "solstice"...what was he trying to communicate? Did I miss something here? Guess, I am trying to find a way to justify those patterns...I like 'em, but not necessarily on a car....
They were very "Indian" patterns and he looked like he might have been Indian himself... Thats the only thing I could see...
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTmodrod View Post
You know that PTs are like that too right? Lots of cars share way more parts with other cars than manufacturers would like to admit. Keeps the cost down.

They were very "Indian" patterns and he looked like he might have been Indian himself... Thats the only thing I could see...
Oh...didn't catch that. Hmmm, this puts a spin on it....no...still don't like it.

Old 19 Jun 2008, 01:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTmodrod View Post
Yeah I know, But I wish the PT used a same part as the Prowler.... LOL!! I dont care if it was a steering wheel or something like that....

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 19 Jun 2008, 04:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Yeah I know, But I wish the PT used a same part as the Prowler.... LOL!! I dont care if it was a steering wheel or something like that....
True Dat!!!! Steering wheel or seats!!!! Shoots, even the rearview mirror would work!!!!

Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHundredAire View Post
Yeah I saw the blue PT. Don't know what this guy was thinking though. I'm no pontiac fan, but he turned a what was nice looking into one that looks stupid. I liked his doors & that was about it. If you look close at 3:06 into the video, he should get his money back on that custom vert top he had made for it.
Just my 2 cents
Found out on Car Domain blog the owner of that Pontiac designed it for GM & got it for $1.00 (his to keep) then had everything done (sponsored) for free & it's 1 of the 6 feature vehicles in Fast & Furious 4 set 09 summer release. Won awards at all the major car shows, & featured in several magazines. I would say not bad doing all that for $1.00 & all the media pr it got.
To Many Modifications, Trophies, Awards, to list. i.e. 2005 Cruiser Quarterly Spring Issue Cover Feature. 2007-2004 Chrysler Custom Modified Vehicle Award Winner SEMA/NACE/C.E.S./World Of Wheels/ISCA/NCCA. 2003 Top Ten Chrysler PT Cruiser Custom Court Show Runner Up.
www.cardomain.com/ride/450026