Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
It finally happened............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2008, 04:21 am
Young Cruiser

Default It finally happened............

On Wed., about 11 am, I decided for the hell of it, I would call my Tires Plus dealer and check on my wheels I had ordered from the infamous American Racing 9 weeks ago and were promised delievry in 4 weeks. The dealer said something had just been delieved in the last 5-10 mins and and he had not opened them to see what it was. I waited with baited breath and churning stomach till he came back and said that it was the wheels and all 4 were there. I was off before his phone hit the cradle.

When I got there and checked them over, they were beautiful and I felt I gazing at the coverted lost arc, because they had been so hard to locate. I was after the Retro look in wheels and would have ordered the Torqs, but they don't make them for FWD cars like PT's.

Everything was going good until they went to put on the front wheels. AR must have sent the wrong offsets because the wheels were just nicking the front disk brakes. If they used a spacer plate, then the lug nuts would have been too short. With lug nuts they sent, they would hit the brakes. Arrrgh

It was a good thing that they had some good old fashion mechanics here that didn't have to consult and run codes etc. They ground down about 1/8" off the disk housing and Bingo....everything fit and worked. I now have my chromies on. Hooooray!!!

Despite AR best efforts to the contrary and 5 weeks of shell game tactics by AR, I have out lasted them. I have already sent them a nasty, but factual email of this 5 week "Chinese Fire Drill", but I don't expect to recieve a reply.
The next email will be to the Better Business Bureau.

Thanks for bearing with me and my rants on this and I will try and post some pics soon.

Jim
Old 20 Jun 2008, 06:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: It finally happened............

OK! Congrats. Now we need some pictures.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 06:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 06:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
OK! Congrats. Now we need some pictures.

What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisnHskrJim View Post
On Wed., about 11 am, I decided for the hell of it, I would call my Tires Plus dealer and check on my wheels I had ordered from the infamous American Racing 9 weeks ago and were promised delievry in 4 weeks. The dealer said something had just been delieved in the last 5-10 mins and and he had not opened them to see what it was. I waited with baited breath and churning stomach till he came back and said that it was the wheels and all 4 were there. I was off before his phone hit the cradle.

When I got there and checked them over, they were beautiful and I felt I gazing at the coverted lost arc, because they had been so hard to locate. I was after the Retro look in wheels and would have ordered the Torqs, but they don't make them for FWD cars like PT's.

Everything was going good until they went to put on the front wheels. AR must have sent the wrong offsets because the wheels were just nicking the front disk brakes. If they used a spacer plate, then the lug nuts would have been too short. With lug nuts they sent, they would hit the brakes. Arrrgh

It was a good thing that they had some good old fashion mechanics here that didn't have to consult and run codes etc. They ground down about 1/8" off the disk housing and Bingo....everything fit and worked. I now have my chromies on. Hooooray!!!

Despite AR best efforts to the contrary and 5 weeks of shell game tactics by AR, I have out lasted them. I have already sent them a nasty, but factual email of this 5 week "Chinese Fire Drill", but I don't expect to recieve a reply.
The next email will be to the Better Business Bureau.

Thanks for bearing with me and my rants on this and I will try and post some pics soon.

Jim
!!!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 20 Jun 2008, 01:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to hoppyloop Send a message via Yahoo to hoppyloop

Hello Jim
Glad your set . I have 15 inch AR - Aero chrome on mine with the factory tires. Did you get the 15 or 16 and what size tires did you install.
HOPPY
Old 20 Jun 2008, 02:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyloop View Post
Hello Jim
Glad your set . I have 15 inch AR - Aero chrome on mine with the factory tires. Did you get the 15 or 16 and what size tires did you install.
HOPPY
Hoppy, I have 16" wheels all around and Kumho tires on it. I am going to clean it up a bit so I can take and post some pics of it so this won't be such a useless thread

Jim
Old 20 Jun 2008, 05:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Awesome to hear...NOW WE NEED SOME PICS!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 05:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Seen the rims OFF the car, but now I am dying to see them on the car! Like everyone else! Congrats!