Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What a weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:14 pm
Young Cruiser

Unhappy What a weekend

We didn't get much cruising done this past weekend. Mother Nature decided that it have been about 24 hrs since we had a rain strom, so she had one rip through Omaha about 4:30 pm Friday. It was one hell of a storm with 90-100 mph wind with rain and hail going sideways. Kind of devastated the power and tree population of Omaha. We were lucky and had power restored after only 50 hours without it. Its tough working on the computer by candle light. $45 worth dry ice later, we managed to save about 3/4 of everything. I think Mother Nature is on a permenant PMS trip.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Maybe we can get caught up on our cruising next weekend. At least most of the stuff will be picked up by then.

Have you noticed that a tree limb is always twice as big, laying on the ground, as it was when it was still on the tree???

Jim

2007 PT Cruiser Touring Convertible, 16" American Racing Aeros, Kumho tires, chrome door spears and rear mud guards added
Old 30 Jun 2008, 04:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What a weekend

we had one storm saturday and two yesterday tons of rain !!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 05:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: What a weekend

We've had a bit of rain in Ct also, some of it in bad storms. It's raised heck with the weekly mopar cruise I take my muscle cars to. On the local news tonight it showed the results of one strong cell that came through one town last nignt. A very large tree came down on top of someones Corvette, which had one payment left to be made. Not that really stinks!