PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Things to do at 60K miles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2008, 01:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Things to do at 60K miles?

List,

I am coming up on 60K miles for my 2001 Ltd automatic. What maintenance items should I make sure are taken care of? TIA
Old 30 Jun 2008, 05:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Things to do at 60K miles?

Most important - Get the tranny flushed and refilled - be sure they use ATF+4, and find a place that has the flushing machine.
Brakes - F & R.
Plugs & wires.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Jul 2008, 06:23 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Most important - Get the tranny flushed and refilled - be sure they use ATF+4, and find a place that has the flushing machine.
Brakes - F & R.
Plugs & wires.
Don,

I was aware of the transmission flush and plan to do that. I replaced my wires at about 35k-40k with the brand everyone recommends here (can't remember the name -- Crane? -- but I orderedd them online). How long should they be considered good?
Old 01 Jul 2008, 06:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll let Don come back and answer you question on the plugs and wires but I'll throw in to have the front suspension, half shafts and rubber boots, front sway bar and all the bushings checked out really well. Lots of problems with those parts but it seems like mostly with newer models. Yours (and my 01) don't seem to have the front end problems that later years have, but you should keep a good eye on the parts anyway.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 09:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by comPuTer View Post
I replaced my wires at about 35k-40k with the brand everyone recommends here (can't remember the name -- Crane? -- but I orderedd them online). How long should they be considered good?
I got over 60,000 on them on my '02, have 40,000+ on my '05 so far and they're still fine.
If you get no stumbles, they're good.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles