Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear door doesn't open from the inside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2008, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear door doesn't open from the inside

The drivers side read door has suddenly decided to stop allowing passengers to get out of the car. You can open the door from the outside but not once you're sitting inside, I checked the CSL switch and it's not engaged.
Any ideas what's wrong?
Old 01 Jul 2008, 02:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rear door doesn't open from the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkokopelli View Post
The drivers side read door has suddenly decided to stop allowing passengers to get out of the car. You can open the door from the outside but not once you're sitting inside, I checked the CSL switch and it's not engaged.
Any ideas what's wrong?
Did you just look at it or did you move it back & forth and then try it? You didn't mention in your sig what year you have. Is it still under warranty? If so, take it to the dealer.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 01 Jul 2008, 02:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry, I have an 02 Dream Cruiser. I have wiggled the CSL switch up/down and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the door latch.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 03:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I looked thru the 2002 parts diagram and did not see even the Child Safety Latch, the labels are available tho.

Maybe it just came unhooked? Maybe you lost power to that door latch?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 01 Jul 2008, 04:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I looked thru the 2002 parts diagram and did not see even the Child Safety Latch, the labels are available tho

My '02 has them
Old 01 Jul 2008, 04:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wedwudy View Post
My '02 has them
They were not listed in the parts breakdown, I didn't say they were not offered, I had a 2002 and know they were available.

Cartman, where are you? I'm sure you can answer this one.

Old 01 Jul 2008, 05:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthtosee View Post
Hello! welcome to our website; blah, blah blah...let me spam your forum hot-nike@hotmail.com
Thanks for the SPAM posting!