PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Refuel America Incentive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2008, 05:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Refuel America Incentive

Hello All,

Purchased my 2008 PT on 05/29/08. Registered on line for the $2.99 87 octance 3 year price lock on the date. Just for I called to see when it might arrive. I should see it in about 2 weeks as it was approved yesterday.
Old 02 Jul 2008, 06:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Refuel America Incentive

Congrats on your new PT. You'll be able to answer some of the question on the new models now. We did find out what happened to the inside fuses from Hooligan.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Jul 2008, 07:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

When I checked on the $2.99 gas incentive, I was told that IF I took that option, I would NOT be eligible for the $3,000 rebate nor the employee discount (Brother worked for Chrysler, saved me another $2,200).

I figured I could buy alot of gas for $5,200.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Jul 2008, 10:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

At $4.429 that should be about 1174.0799 gallons.

I got $1000 for the rebate, $1000 for owner loyalty, the vehilce at dealer cost, another $849.00. I gave up the additional $1000.00 in favor of the gas deal. Also I keep the right of "Lemon Law" which you give up with Chrysler Employee Purchase Plan. I used to work for Chrysler too.

If price of fuel goes to $5.00 and I use all 545.33 gallons allowed each year that will be a savings of $1090.66 X 3 = $3271.98

$2849.00 + $3271.98 = $6120.98

Looks like we both did quite well on this one.

Got to tell you though, my wife dropped it on me today--"You did not buy a vehicle in keeping with the times!" Translated-nice car-not great gas mileage and American. Her car(s) are a Volvo XC70 and Mercedes SLK320. Both of which do get better mileage than my PT--maybe she is not totaly wrong.

What the hell-I like my toy!
Old 03 Jul 2008, 06:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !!
Old 03 Jul 2008, 03:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

How does that work? Do you swipe a card and it makes the pump read $2.99?? I don't understand how it would work.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 03 Jul 2008, 04:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Use that card, when the statement comes, the charges are automatically figured at $2.99. I would write down each and every fill, so you also have a record besides your charge slip.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Jul 2008, 08:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hooligan,

Just checked you gallery and mods--you have been one busy dude!

One item I would like for my ride is the rear facia step cover. Everywhere I search I can find no direct fit for the 2006-2008 MY. Where did you get yours and how is the fitment. From the pictures, yours is a great fit and I want no less--thanks in advance

BLUEH20
Old 03 Jul 2008, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=BLUEH20;235813]Hooligan,

Just checked you gallery and mods--you have been one busy dude!

One item I would like for my ride is the rear facia step cover. Everywhere I search I can find no direct fit for the 2006-2008 MY. Where did you get yours and how is the fitment. From the pictures, yours is a great fit and I want no less--thanks in advance

Actually, that is a step cover for a 2001 & up to a 2006. I had ordered it for my 2002, but by the time it came, I had already decided to get to the 2006. So I put it on the 2006, it didn't fit exactly, but did the job. I haven't seen any thing for the 2006 & up. The pictures in my gallery is the 2006, it is gone now and all of the shiny stuff in on the 2008!!
Soonercruiser had one sprayed with the same material you would use for truck liners. It looked good when I saw it earlier this spring. He does have OU on it tho.

Last edited by Hooligan; 03 Jul 2008 at 08:57 pm.
Old 03 Jul 2008, 10:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Took a look at Soonercruizer's gallery--I withdraw my busy comment--you've been asleep at the helm compared to his effort.

I do like his decking on the rear facia--think I will visit my local bed liner shops and see what they have to offer as to material and price. I want a relatively smooth finsh-not a standard bed liner finish. It will be a couple of days or more before I get to visist the shops. Will update with a new thread on this subject only.

By the way, are we the only 08's active on the fourm at this time?