Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got a horn.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2008, 05:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Got a horn.

I went to a salvage yard today and bought a stock horn off a 02' PT. Also bought a new fender liner for that side of the car aswell.

In all: $43.46!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Got a horn.

Ron,

Did you get the right horn? By that I mean you should have a high or low note horn already and you'd want to add the opposite of what you have.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I got an 02' horn. So if my car is an 01' it has a high or low, what does the 02' have and why would I want to get the opposite one??

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
I got an 02' horn. So if my car is an 01' it has a high or low, what does the 02' have and why would I want to get the opposite one??
Wait a minute...so how will this work if I want to use a Roadrunner horn? Crewzin, do the 03's have two horns or just one?

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Whoa!

Ron, On your 01 you should have had both horns, a high and a low.

Teekypt,

In 03, Chrysler did away with one of the horns in their cost savings mode. Sorry, I'm not sure which tone (high or low) they did away with. So, you have only one horn, so taking that one out and adding the Road Runner horn should be a snap ...if you wanted the RR horn going off when you hit the steering wheel. If you wanted a separate "beep beep" you'd have to had a horn button somewhere. Like I did with the Aooga horn. Added a push button in the center console. The square red button on the left. The red rocker button on the right is for the undercar LED lights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Whoa!

Ron, On your 01 you should have had both horns, a high and a low.

Teekypt,

In 03, Chrysler did away with one of the horns in their cost savings mode. Sorry, I'm not sure which tone (high or low) they did away with. So, you have only one horn, so taking that one out and adding the Road Runner horn should be a snap ...if you wanted the RR horn going off when you hit the steering wheel. If you wanted a separate "beep beep" you'd have to had a horn button somewhere. Like I did with the Aooga horn. Added a push button in the center console. The square red button on the left. The red rocker button on the right is for the undercar LED lights.

UR Awesome! Thx Crewzin! I think I just want it to be main thang!

Old 09 Jul 2008, 01:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Sorry I didn't mention this sooner - Frank apparently sold the RR horn before he could get it out to me so I do NOT have the RR horn. I got the word that I wouldn't be getting the RR horn so I bought a stock one. I'll be installing the liner I bought and the horn tomorrow.

Well the horn that is dead makes a weak noise and vibrates the horn itself. I had my brother press the horn and I felt the horn vibrate and make the weak noise so I assumed I just had to replace that one? I want to do away with this horn crap and get a mega air-horn.......!

My Baby:

Last edited by ucantcme; 09 Jul 2008 at 01:07 am.
Old 09 Jul 2008, 10:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Got a horn.

Both my 2006 Touring, soonercruiser, and the GT Vert had only one horn. It was the "Low Tone". So, my first mod on both cars was to get the "High Tone" Highway Blaster at Auto Zone. There's already mounting holes, and the bracket and bolt supplied worked well.
**Now I have a real HORN on both PTs!!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 09 Jul 2008, 01:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
Sorry I didn't mention this sooner - Frank apparently sold the RR horn before he could get it out to me so I do NOT have the RR horn. I got the word that I wouldn't be getting the RR horn so I bought a stock one. I'll be installing the liner I bought and the horn tomorrow.

Well the horn that is dead makes a weak noise and vibrates the horn itself. I had my brother press the horn and I felt the horn vibrate and make the weak noise so I assumed I just had to replace that one? I want to do away with this horn crap and get a mega air-horn.......!
Dats too bad!

Old 09 Jul 2008, 06:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Alright, well I took off the fender liner earlier and noticed the 2 horns. Of course the one I bought was the wrong one . I did put the new fender liner in there but I just have a busted horn. I think I am going to find one of those semi horns and install it on the PT. Where would I put the air compressor and the trumpets??

My Baby: