PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Online OEM parts ordering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2008, 01:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Online OEM parts ordering

Hi,

I came across the website newchryslerparts.com and had browsed around there a bit. There prices seemed good and I bookmarked it. I now have a leaky power steering line that needs replacing pretty much ASAP. I went to the newchrylerparts site and it is down for whatever reason. It's been down for the last couple of weeks. Does anyone know of another similar website? It's pretty much out of the question to get the parts here, Canadian prices are inflated normally x2 on pretty much everything. Also the other site had microfiche which comes in VERY handy when ordering parts.

Thanks,
Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 21 Jul 2008, 02:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Online OEM parts ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverklutz View Post
Hi,

I came across the website newchryslerparts.com and had browsed around there a bit. There prices seemed good and I bookmarked it. I now have a leaky power steering line that needs replacing pretty much ASAP. I went to the newchrylerparts site and it is down for whatever reason. It's been down for the last couple of weeks. Does anyone know of another similar website? It's pretty much out of the question to get the parts here, Canadian prices are inflated normally x2 on pretty much everything. Also the other site had microfiche which comes in VERY handy when ordering parts.

Thanks,
Ben
What are they charging for that power steering hose? We just had it replaced on my wife's '04 and I remember our mechanic saying it cost around $180.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 Jul 2008, 03:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Truthfully I hadn't checked at the dealer. I do a fair amount of tinkering on ATV's and found out that I could cut most of my parts costs in half getting them Stateside. Normally parts are twice the price up here, as is everything else because years back our dollar traded for $0.60 US. Now it's on par and prices still aren't adjusted! I thought I'd call the local dealer to check for fun, and it was $150! First time I've found ANYTHING cheaper up here. I guess I'm buying that one locally. Would have been interesting to see the price on that other website though.

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

Old 21 Jul 2008, 03:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Try this.

Mopar, Chrysler and Jeep Auto Parts - Buy Chrysler Car Parts and Accessories Online

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 Jul 2008, 06:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Doh!" I ordered the part from the dealer, then found it listed for $112 @ the site you listed and they let you have it for $88. Somedays I wonder about myself.

Thanks for the link though, hopefully it'll save me money in the future!

Ben

Old 20 Oct 2008, 07:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

They had a recall on the Power Steering hose, something about how it was situated it was being rubbed by a belt. Of course this happens 6 months after I had to have my Power Steering Pump replaced, you can call Chrysler and they will reiemburse you for the cost. Also take it to the dealer and have the recall fixed or it will keep happening.