Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Missing Oil Mystery?Update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Missing Oil Mystery?Update

Well as some of you know from a earlier post...my Endeavor mysteriously lost 3,5 L of its 4L of oil....I picked this up on the way to Vernon BC when my wife noticed a clicking noise according to the Lube shop it was a valve clicking. Since driving form Vernon to Vancouver and from Vancouver BC to Edmonton AB Canada, i have only had to top up the dipstick with maybe 250 mls of oil twice. This includes driving back in town for the past 1.5 weeks. I spoke again to the Toyota dealer tha did the lube change a few months ago as everyone here seems to think that the dealer did not put enuf oil in but the dealer says that is impossible. He says I never would have made it this long with just a litre. There are no leaks and it only has 330000us miles and no smoke. This is still a mystery....I am watching the dipstick carefully daily. The clicking was not noticed until our end of our 12 hour drive thru the mountains. Could I have suffered engine dammage? It seems to be running great. Should I be concerned that I have had to add 250mls twice?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Missing Oil Mystery?Update

Correction the Endeavor holds about 4.5 L and about 3L was added
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sorry guys I need to read my threads more carefully....the truck has 33000US miles not 330000
Old 25 Jul 2008, 12:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Warranty?

Oil Pan Plug still good? Not stripped like the oil people did to my poor innocent PT .

Oil filter properly installed???? Just some basic things that should be looked at . Good luck!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:01 am
Senior Cruiser

It has warranty in US as it was a US vehicle brought into Canada than bought by me..no warranty in Canada...you know the usual damn red tape...I guess I could cross the boarder and have warranty work done.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:06 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

What about that plug/seal?

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:09 am
Senior Cruiser

I'll check but no leaks or puddles noted
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Dipstick in there tight? Oil cap on there tight?

I don't have a clue, just throwing out ideas here!

My Baby:

Old 25 Jul 2008, 06:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i would bring it in for sure
Old 25 Jul 2008, 10:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Before you make a drive to a US Dealership--you might want to call and have them run a Vehicle Indentification Program (VIP) on your vehicle. This will assure you that you have warranty coverage in the USA.

The warranty issue begain in 2005 when many people were using the then advantgage of the US/Canadian exchange rate. It was cheaper to purchase a canadian chrysler product in loonies, pay the inport customs and change the speedo over to mph than to purchase the same vehilce in the USA. Many dealerhips went out of business during this time frame along the border. DiamlerChrysler had to protect their dealerships due to the agreement between Chrylser and Dealership owners not allowing unfair competition between dealerships.

Chrysler was the very last manufacturer to make the change in warranty coverage. Prior to my retirement 18 months ago--the county of production and the country of owner registration had to match to have coverage in that country--no other warranty applied. All imported vehicles are considered "Grey" and not in compliance with the new countrys laws applying to all sorts of things many of which are not warranty related.

Here is an example--Remember the VW pickup--it was an integrated body and arrived in the US fully assembled. Now think back to the HILUX and Datsun pickups--they left the beds off--the beds were shipped with the truck but final construction was completed in the USA. Thus these trucks were inported incomplete and were subject to a much lower tariff giving them a better pricing position, shutting down the VW pickup in the USA.