Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
cargo mat and car cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:08 am
Senior Cruiser

Default cargo mat and car cover

where is the best place to get a car cover to keep the dust off in winter storage and where is the best place to get a rear cargo liner?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 25 Jul 2008, 06:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: cargo mat and car cover

Here is one place that sells Wolf's Custom Fit Covers. I have one and it is great.

Wolf Custom Fit Covers

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 25 Jul 2008, 06:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I bought my car cover from Chrysler. Big bucks but fits pretty well. Very heavy, outstanding coverage.

The cargo net is hard to find. Sometimes eBay has them. Here's a place with a cargo net for a Chrysler Pacifica. It looks to be the same but give them a call to see if it has the hooks on each end to be able to use the PT's "D" rings.

https://www.1stchryslerparts.com/pro...oducts_id/1444

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 07:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi,

I think you are talking about a cargo boot liner, not a net?

If that is right, you can order it from Chrysler in two colours for your 2003 PT:
Dark Taupe: Pt.No.: 82206202
Dark Slate: Pt.No.: 82208108 (this one I have bought myself - fits perfectly!)

Price: around $ 40,-

But thre is a cargo net as well: 05023356AA, ~ $ 50,-
The OEM parts have the advantage to fit without problems!
Georg
Old 25 Jul 2008, 07:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschnu View Post
Hi,
I think you are talking about a cargo boot liner, not a net?
Georg
My bad. I read the post too fast. So many people are looking for the net since it was discontinued being a free item.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm planning on buying the rubberized cargo mat that you can get from Chrysler. I have the rubber floor mats since I winter drive and also since my job is liquid manure injection and try as I might sometimes my work follows me home... Lol! They look factory and are easy to clean, (just spray em in the car wash.) I think the rear mat is $80 or something from autotrucktoys.

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 25 Jul 2008, 08:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Have you looked at Weathertech?

http://www.weathertech.com/

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 26 Jul 2008, 01:21 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: cargo mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
where is the best place to get a rear cargo liner?
You might have better luck making your own.

Here's how I did it: First I took out the back seats, then cut a piece of cardboard to contour around the back of the Cruiser, then bought an old carpet remnant and cut it along the pattern, then had a seamstress edge the carpet remnant (Just like the edge of your floor mats.)

The finished cost was only about $30- and if it gets too dirty from our dog, I'll just buy another remnant and make another one.

Last edited by customer20; 26 Jul 2008 at 01:23 am.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 02:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: cargo mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by customer20 View Post
You might have better luck making your own.

Here's how I did it: First I took out the back seats, then cut a piece of cardboard to contour around the back of the Cruiser, then bought an old carpet remnant and cut it along the pattern, then had a seamstress edge the carpet remnant (Just like the edge of your floor mats.)

The finished cost was only about $30- and if it gets too dirty from our dog, I'll just buy another remnant and make another one.
The cargo mats have a lip all the way around to keep liquids and dirt contained. Yours is a good idea for the dog to lay on and for some protection of the carpet, though.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 27 Jul 2008, 11:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanx for all the advice
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob