Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
a sad nite at the local car show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2008, 11:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default a sad nite at the local car show

Well I was told that on Wed nites at a local strip mall car guys collect ...I decided to go...unfortunateley I parked next to a Ferarri 430 spyder who stole all the attention....he owned 2 modenas a Testarossa and 2 430s...the rich get richer the poor get poorer.....I went home with my ego a few levels lower...but a silver PT vert passed me and the owner smiled at me...also I was parked next to a silver PT this afternoon and the lady owner and her kids came out to their car and they were all commenting how nice my car was and how shiny it was...they liked all the chrome...so not to bad of a day for my self esteem....wish I could afford 5 Ferraris though.....the sad thing is his custom wheels and tiresa are more than my PT is worth
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 14 Aug 2008, 04:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: a sad nite at the local car show

Well, The thing about me is that I have fun customizing a car in my vision and putting it in a show to let everyone see my work on it n what ive done. If u r rich, Anyone could buy a Ferrari or Lambo and park it at a car show. Trust me, its hot to see one but I would feel proud to work n win a trophy rather than buy a car stock that takes one just because its an high price exotic.... IMO

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 14 Aug 2008, 05:32 am
Young Cruiser

I agree with above.Reminds me of when I had my sportster.I did all work on it myself and got more enjoyment and more comments on mine than my neighbor who spent $25,000+ to have have other people work on his.
He got the trophies but I got pride and respect.
What do they say about the people with all the high-priced toys?
"Pe*** Envy"
Not true for all people but 5 cars like this is overkill for anyone.

Ron
loepard skin seat cover and door inserts,shade shift leopard flame graphics,17" panther wheels,custom rear deck, 3Dtaillights,and new sound system coming soon (for the second time),shade shift magenta-gold door pillars,flowlighting inferno underbody,and whatever comes along when wallet gets fat, and lastly rear bucket seats
Old 14 Aug 2008, 12:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: a sad nite at the local car show

Mega Dittos!
The thing that I take most pride in is all the mods I designed and did myself. I don't get any satisfaction in writing a check to someone else.

And, I'll bet the guy has lots of fellow owners to cruise with!!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 14 Aug 2008, 01:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Can't say as I WANT a Ferrari: think of the insurance costs!

(Not sayin' I wouldn't take one as a gift, mind you: I'd take it, sure, but turn right around and SELL the dang thing!)
Old 14 Aug 2008, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

it nice just to go to the show relax and enjoy it some cars draw more attention than others i like just looking at all of them
Old 14 Aug 2008, 08:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yeah, who pays the lower insurance rates? And look at the gas those things use. I'd take a PT any day.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 10:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree why would one want to own 5 ferraris ...especially 2 modenas ...2 430s...Why not do like Jay Leno and have a collection of different cars to experience???I'm going to see Jay Leno here in town...it was my 40 th Bday present along with my 500$ corolla winter beater. Have you guys checked out Jay Lenos Garage on NBC. com????I love it...he has such a vast collection, and his video clips onlione are cool and informative...he likes to do some cool burnouts as well. Interesting enuf he does not own any Ferrraris as he says they are for...POSERs.....he is probably right. Most are owned by people that have money but don't know how to drive them ....just look at wrecked exotics.com
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 15 Aug 2008, 02:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

5 Ferriari is too much, you cant drive them all at the same time, you have 1 PT and you dont have doubts which car drive today thats the advantage