Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Under car lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2008, 07:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Under car lights

I am thinking of getting some under car lights for the Black Woody. Should I get neon or LEDs, what do you like?
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 17 Aug 2008, 08:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Under car lights

I have computer controlled LEDs. They light up in so many different colors, speeds and patterns that I have to carry a cheat sheet card to remember all the combinations. I can't remember the place I bought them from and I'm over at a friends house in Daytona for the weekend so I can't access my computer to look it up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

LEDs !!
Old 17 Aug 2008, 09:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Are these legal? Not when you're moving I think...
Old 17 Aug 2008, 12:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red and Blue are illegal to drive with!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 17 Aug 2008, 01:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Here are a couple links, to Oznium... An online site, that has lots, of information, about the many underbody kits, they sell...
It really boils down to, what you would like, and how much, you want to spend...

LED & Neon Underbody Kits - FlowLighting, Iceled, StreetGlow
Choosing the Right Underbody Kit
Old 17 Aug 2008, 02:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I thought it was only ILLEGAL if you could see the bulb/tube itself??

That's what I have heard here in Michigan, which is why I am going to be getting some blue neons for under my car.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 17 Aug 2008, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
I thought it was only ILLEGAL if you could see the bulb/tube itself??

That's what I have heard here in Michigan, which is why I am going to be getting some blue neons for under my car.
Check with your nearest State Police Post for the latest info. You can have them, but not in operation while driving!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 17 Aug 2008, 06:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to DJmart

I'm a bad 18 year old.

I drive with my blue fog light/grille LED's all the time, i go past cops all the time and they never do anything about it!

Story:

I had my blue lights on, and I was driving down the road where a cop usually sits, I was not speeding, just taking my time crusin down the road, at exactly the speed limit, in the left lane (two lanes). I see the red beam from his laser gun and my laser/radar detector screams. I did not get introuble but I know exactly why he targeted me!

THE BLUE LIGHTS! Now, if I had been speeding, he could have gotten me for the speeding, and illegal use of exterior lighting.

But, you know, its only $75 fine, and if that ever happens, ill pay it, and not run them while operating the vehicle.

</story>
Old 17 Aug 2008, 07:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm a smart 69 year old, I had red lights under my PT. I never drove with them on as I knew I would be stopped. I guess $75.00 plus points means nothing to you, but to each their own.