Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Its a no go!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2008, 07:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Its a no go!

I bought a cooling fan from ebay and it dont work on my 03... dam...
Old 18 Aug 2008, 09:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Its a no go!

When you say "didn't work" do you mean it didn't fit in your Turbo model or it didn't run when you put it in and turned the air-conditioning on?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 02:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

it didnt fix your problem ??
Old 19 Aug 2008, 08:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

the fan was right the mounting points was right but the dam connector was wrong......
Old 19 Aug 2008, 10:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Didn't I post on here recently that the turbo uses a variable speed fan controlled by the PCM, while the non-turbo uses a 2-speed fan controlled by relays?

They do not interchange.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

MX-5, the problem is. that most people just ask the questions and don't attempt to do a search. I am amazed at the same questions that are being asked.
Thanks for all your answers in the past.
Hooligan

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Alright... Mx5 mabey im not understanding what your saying.. I have a turbo model and the 1 I bought is for a turbo model for a turbo model. not a non turbo
their both for TURBO's therefore they both use a variable speed fan controlled by the pcm. where the non turbo is 2 speed controlled by relays. My guess is that they switched the connector in the 1 year difference from 03-04. U keep saying that the turbo and non turbo are not interchangeable, and i got that. mabey im just not understanding? help me figure this out. lol
Old 20 Aug 2008, 09:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

The turbo-lite uses the same relay controlled fan as the non-turbo, even though it's a 4-wire plug. Only 3 wires are installed, leaving one cavity empty.
The high output turbo uses a 4-wire connector with all 4 wires installed. This one is controlled by the PCM.
The standard non-turbo uses a 3-wire connector.

This is why I order my fans from Chrysler by using the 17 digit VIN number.
I get the right part the 1st time.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 07:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

lol I heard that, I should have ordered it from chrysler, but im penny pinching.. Ive been on a lay off. so now im back to square one.. Thanks for the help mx5
Old 21 Aug 2008, 09:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_pt2003 View Post
lol I heard that, I should have ordered it from chrysler, but im penny pinching.. Ive been on a lay off. so now im back to square one.. Thanks for the help mx5
Once again it proves: "You get what you pay for"!! That's not a flame, but you have spent some money you could have used for the correct part.

We have all done what you have done and have also kicked our selves. Good Luck and I hope you get back to work soon.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar