Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'03 Touring PT for '04 GT PT(trade?)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default '03 Touring PT for '04 GT PT(trade?)

Ok (you guys are great) decision time---- Is it worth the extra's to trade a perfect-chrome patriot blue well equipped {2003} NA PT automatic 61k0warranty almost gone.(owned since new & maintained ... for a {2004}Black GT PT also with Chrome & spoiler & GT options also automatic with 41K miles ( dealer car - so warrantied for 6months & 6K miles +but repair records?-in the end it will be I figure a $6K outlay in $$$--- cheap as far as cars go,,, but those that have had both is it worth the trade ??driving it-way more power & seemed firmer & tighter & leather & heated seats..... opinions?? *** I know the plugs are easier to change-haha***
Old 21 Aug 2008, 06:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '03 Touring PT for '04 GT PT(trade?)

Well, it sounds like your into speed and lusting for more power but your also care about the cost. Don't forget to figure in the cost of premium gas.

You also might want to give your insurance company a call and see the difference between an N/A and a GT would be.

If the GT is what you really want, then it boils down to $6,000.00 for a 1 year newer car with 20K less on the odometer and a turbo.

It's your choice.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 11:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Crewzin not totally..... I am just trying to get opinions from those that have both.... I did call insurance & increase is minimal($50.00/year) The PT rates very well with insurance companies....The only downside in mine is that on hills it is not fast---it kind of looses it unless you run the hill.... Im not looking for a race car at all.... Im investigating all the angles & you all have been fantastic... ** Also in my area is a Pacific Coast PT stick-non turbo loaded but no sun roof..... *** only $15K new-dealer left over fro 2007***
Old 21 Aug 2008, 06:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

mjb457. I've had 3 PT, the first one was a new 02 NA auto and like you wanted more power and handling. So I traded in the 02 for a new 03 GT 5 speed but money wise I took a BIG HIT for the trade, was it worth it? to me every penny and I never regreted it. Then about 2 years ago I wanted a convertible so I watched for the right one to come along and this past January there she was. I kepted a cool head when I walked up to her at the dealer. I looked at the rear door and it said GT...OH BOY it looks good, then I saw it was an 07, I didn't really want an 07, at the time I didn't like the dash or front end and then I looked at the shifter...AUTO, My heart dropped like a bag of rocks, I didn't want an autostick. But I loved the color and the convertible so it's make up your mind time. So I traded my beloved 03 5 speed and never was sorry I did it. But I do have to say the 07 dash and front end grows on you and it is much better then an 03. The autostick/5speed is a tossup, the extra HP makes up for it. The GT PT is worth it in a heartbeat (oh sorry chevy)
Old 21 Aug 2008, 06:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Someone once asked me which one I'd give up if I had to. Sorry Chrysler.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 12:23 am
Senior Cruiser

I like my 03 GT 5speed alot but I to will have to give it up one day for the Heartbeat of a Chevy Vette....or maybe my GT will become my winter car....we will see how the Corolla does and how the money situation sits at that time
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 22 Aug 2008, 03:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Ok ...looks like Im hearing that a GT is worth getting over a Touring hands down,,,,,? The extra cost $$ is worth every penny?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 11:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I would personally say "YES" as I am all into going faster...then again, MY insurance rates would go through the roof as I am only 19, with a not so healthy driving record.

How about this question: Is it worth it to you?

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!