Old 21 Aug 2008, 01:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Adding Foglites? $$ How difficult 2007

How hard to do... & can foglites be added to a 2007 Pacific Coast model? thanks
Old 21 Aug 2008, 09:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Adding Foglites? $$ How difficult 2007

Easy to do mod!
I believe that any model with the trim in that area will fit the aftermarket fog lamps. I believe I got mine at either Race & Street, or Cruiser Motor Sports for around $150. Installed myself - not even closer to a mechanic.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 09:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Adding Foglites? $$ How difficult 2007

I had mine installed at the dealer for ~$350. After which I had to re-install the left one because the idiots had installed it upside down. I'd suggest doing it yourself

You will need a torx wrench, and the working space is tight without a lifting the car off the ground, but it is doable if you are patient.
2007 Pacific Coast Highway Edition Street Cruiser, 17" Eagle Alloy 192's, Front Window Tint, Fog Lights, Back Window Perforation of Bixby Bridge, Chromed Billet Antenna and Bezel, Chromed Washer Nozzle Covers, Chromed Shifter Knob, Dark Smoke In-channel Wind Deflectors, and rear Chromed Hatch Scuff Guard... so far
Old 21 Aug 2008, 11:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

its easy. get the front end up in the air, remove the three screws holdin the liner to the bumper, and youll have enough room to install the foglamps. the switch is even easier. dont go aftermarket. dealer install kits are available for around 120 bucks and include EVERYTHING you need for a complete install.Detailed intructions are included in the kit. hardest part is taking it to the dealer to have the computer programmed to enable the foglamps. you might luck out like me and get a tech who would do it for a six pack of cold refreshing widmer hefeweisen, if not, theyll charge you an hours labor ( around 80 bucks). the kits part number is 82209997. i think wyckoff chrysler is still selling them for around 120, but you might want to check.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 11:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
How hard to do... & can foglites be added to a 2007 Pacific Coast model? thanks
Because it's the PCH version, I can tell you that the wiring is already done, (at least it was done on my wife's PCH).

Click on this link here for the post I put up about the fog light kit.

Remember what cartman says, even when the hardware is in place, it won't work until the computer is told that there are foglights on the car! I went back to the salesman who sold me the car and he had the tech do it, (I tipped him a $20) It takes their computer hookup and 2 minutes tops!

Good luck!

srg