PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fender fitment - '07 on an '03?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fender fitment - '07 on an '03?

Hey guys

My 03 GT *was* perfect - some hit and run jerk scraped up my nice shiny black fender.

I have seen conflicting reports stating that the fenders are the same all the way up to current. Is that true?

Would *really* like this one to fit mine (it's even the right color!):

eBay Motors: 2007 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER RIGHT FRONT FENDER (item 230281793673 end time Aug-22-08 10:59:51 PDT)

Thanks!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Fender fitment - '07 on an '03?

Right off the bat I can tell you one big difference: the headlight openings. Teardrop up through '05, but got that little peak at the bottom added for the '06 and later ones.

Don't know if the basic fender otherwise will fit, but that headlight differnece will cause bodywork, sorry!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

How could it possible fit with the headlight being so different on the 07? Besides that, the eBay picture is so dark you can't really tell what damage was done to the front of that fender. Maybe that's on purpose, the seller sure wants you to be sure because there's no returns or refunds.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yep, the headlights were definitely revised. Tough to tell just from pics though if it will effect fender fitment - definitely would change the trim/bumper molding below.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Besides that, the eBay picture is so dark you can't really tell what damage was done to the front of that fender. Maybe that's on purpose, the seller sure wants you to be sure because there's no returns or refunds.
I can take care of taking care of myself, in that respect. At this point its a $75+shipping gamble, but I am able to ask the seller questions. We will see. It is better than a $500 deductible. I'd be stupid to not at least ask.

The fender goes above the headlight, not below. The line above the headlight looks to be very similar. I can just check w/ a dealer for interchangeability.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I see what your saying. Just checked mine and the fender cuts the headlight in half and it looks like Chrysler only changed the bottom half of the light so you might be right. Yes, any Chrysler parts department ought to be able to tell you if it should fit.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 09:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I see what your saying. Just checked mine and the fender cuts the headlight in half and it looks like Chrysler only changed the bottom half of the light so you might be right. Yes, any Chrysler parts department ought to be able to tell you if it should fit.
Not the dumb ones and there are plenty of those.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Aug 2008, 03:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Ironman

Yes it should fit, Chrysler stated they have not changed a single piece of sheet metal over the years, so it should be no problem.