Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got another...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2008, 10:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Got another...

Ticket of course.

I was turning down a road, and there was a cop going the opposite way, and a mile and a half down the road, he comes cruising up on my tail and pulls me over.

It's a fix-it ticket, so no money wasted on this ticket. Good thing when I bought my tints, I bought their warranty which entitles me to go back to them, have them remove the tints and after the police see I took them off, I go back to the tint place and have them re-installed.

Just thought I'd share the news

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 25 Aug 2008, 11:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Got another...

That is a great "Get out of Jail" card. What did it cost you and how many times will they pony up for the remove and reinstall?

Just wondering--do they re-use your orginal tint or do you get a fresh application--either way sounds like a great deal.

How about a picture in your gallery of the tint job?
Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

It was $45 for the warranty, I'm thinking they put a fresh film on the windows because wouldn't taking them off make them wrinkle? I'm sure they wouldn't keep my tints tucked away anywhere.

I'll see what kind of pics I can put in the gallery. I tried before but the gallery didn't like them

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

So what happens when you get busted next time? Is it still considered a fix it ticket or will they try to make a point=$$$$$

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:57 am
Senior Cruiser

I think no matter what, it will be a fix it ticket. But my dad has mentioned next time, they are prolly going to try to pin something else on the ticket.

For example having my PT Cruiser Decal on my windsheild and how it can obscure my vision... They will probably do that, but I can always fight that.

My Baby:

Old 26 Aug 2008, 01:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

Your a Cop Magnet my dear!
Old 26 Aug 2008, 06:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr

ronnie let me know how it goes =P

i was thinking about putting a "PT CRUISER" sticker above my windshield too, like lime green

Old 26 Aug 2008, 06:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that is a great get out of jail free card for sure !!
Old 26 Aug 2008, 06:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Why not just get the "legal limit" of tint installed. Seems like a lot less hassle.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 26 Aug 2008, 06:46 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Steel Blue View Post
Why not just get the "legal limit" of tint installed. Seems like a lot less hassle.
x2...this seems like it would be a better approach.
Closed Thread