Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
power window issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2009, 07:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default power window issue

driver side window will only raise several inches before stopping. window will retract fully. can this be fixed by a novice and what am I looking for after I remove the door panel.
Old 04 Feb 2009, 07:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: power window issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by djd View Post
can this be fixed by a novice and what am I looking for after I remove the door panel.
Can it be fixed by a novice? Depends on your skills and what you find wrong.

What am I looking for? You looking for the Power Window Regulator. It makes the glass go up and down and apparently something is broken or stuck not letting the regulator reach the top.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Feb 2009, 07:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks, skills are limited when it comes to mechanical.... but figured I would give it a try if not much more than replacing a part. took off door panel to expose window / motor... I assume the regulator is positioned at the bottom of the door panel...
Old 04 Feb 2009, 08:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Actually, no, not at the bottom.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 02:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Re: power window issue

I'm so glad I found you guys! My hubby has a 2001 PT Cruiser. He returned home with a rear driver window that won't go up. He's p.o'd and I'd like to help him out. Any ideas on how to fix it? He's fairly handy, just not sure where to start.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 06:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

cvtwins,

Welcome to the forum. If he's fairly handy, just have him read this thread and take off the inner door panal to see what isn't working.

Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by djd View Post
driver side window will only raise several inches before stopping. window will retract fully. can this be fixed by a novice and what am I looking for after I remove the door panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvtwins View Post
I'm so glad I found you guys! My hubby has a 2001 PT Cruiser. He returned home with a rear driver window that won't go up. He's p.o'd and I'd like to help him out. Any ideas on how to fix it? He's fairly handy, just not sure where to start.
Where are the two of you? Sometimes a list member nearby can help. My experience with replacing window regulators is that it can be messy but not terribly difficult.