Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New almost owner..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2009, 09:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New almost owner..

I owned a PT a while back and only had it for a short time, tomorrow will be getting a 2006 white with 18K miles from a dealer no warranty but about 9K total, am coming from a 2006 BMW, and wanting to down size and put 10K in my bank account,

Anything I need to look for on the 2006?
Old 17 Mar 2009, 06:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New almost owner..

Welcome. With that low in mileage you shouldn't be able to find anything wrong but if you can, check it over really good and get it up on a lift so you can check the front suspension including brakes, bearings and bushings.Take it for a ride, all speeds and check the steering and listen for noise.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 11:29 am
Young Cruiser

With 18,000 on it, it should be just fine. If it runs a little rough, I would be glad to trade you my 2001 for it and it runs like new. MMMMMM just a though Good luck with you new PT Photos when you can. Andy
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Just bought her home, felt a strange vibration at 15-20 MPH they said it was the PT shuffle LOL they will change my axles out for free if i want, and got Out the door for 8K not nine, not bad for a 18K on the odo.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not bad at all. Vibration just might be tires or wheels, out of round out of balance. If the vibration is in the steering wheel it's from the front. If it's in the seat it's probably from the rear wheels.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 05:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Not bad at all. Vibration just might be tires or wheels, out of round out of balance. If the vibration is in the steering wheel it's from the front. If it's in the seat it's probably from the rear wheels.
They said it was from the motor mounts and Axles design, they said it happens on the newer ones, not bad just a bit of the shimmy from 15-20 and then it smooth.

they said they could try to make it less noticeable regardless loving having mine back

the steering wheel is balanced and smooth,so just going to see, I do loveit but miss my BMW a bit, but not the cost, when they hand me the check for 12K next friday I will be happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1040.jpg (10.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by PTSandy; 17 Mar 2009 at 05:51 pm.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: New almost owner..

Welcome Sandy!
Do you have a stick shift, or auto tranny?
I have both in the 2006 year, although the auto is a GT turbo.
I do not know what the "PT shuffle" is. I don't have any stumble in either at low speed. Sounds like the dealer was clueless too.
-The best first upgrade would be new plugs & wires, as the OEM ones are notoriously bad ignition parts.
The soonercruiser was originall a plain Vanilla Touring....

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Welcome Sandy!
Do you have a stick shift, or auto tranny?
I have both in the 2006 year, although the auto is a GT turbo.
I do not know what the "PT shuffle" is. I don't have any stumble in either at low speed. Sounds like the dealer was clueless too.
-The best first upgrade would be new plugs & wires, as the OEM ones are notoriously bad ignition parts.
The soonercruiser was originall a plain Vanilla Touring....
Seems others had the same issue, the service dept knew right away what i was talking about I will take it to a guy who does my euro cars and let him check it out, love it either way and the vanilla I am loving
Mine is Auto.