Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PTeazer is still here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2009, 04:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default PTeazer is still here!

Hello there ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Ray Newton here from PTeazer!

I hope my appearance on the forums doesn't cause anyone to have to run for their heart medication. I have never used or for that matter ever looked at the forums until last night with the help of John (SlayerDarkCross), who got me involved. I've always left the computer stuff to others around me, until about 6 weeks ago.... So bear with me please. It may take awhile to get a response from me, but if anyone wants anything answered, I will gladly get back to you as soon as possible.

As far as PTeazer is concerned, I did run into hard times last year which caused me to have to sell the big body shop part of the business in order to be able keep the PTeazer parts sales going. (Which I thought was the most important thing.) I think this is where the rumors of us closing probably started.

I intend to keep PTeazer going for as long as people are willing to use them on their cruisers. I am still working with some very talented body and paint shops, including Kiwi Terry for airbrush work. We also have a small shop next to Chip Foose in Huntington Beach, so while visiting our install facility you can cruise on over to Chip's for a tour.

I did have to downsize my warehouse and shipping facility to the new location in Santa Ana, CA. And for the past two months I've had to turn back to my artwork to keep things going. It's been very therapeutic for me this past year and if anyone is interested, I will get photos of my art on the internet soon. I use recycled auto paint with lots of texture. It's very different and it does increase in value over the years, so it may be a good investment. You can appreciate it while it appreciates.

On the PT front, it was awesome to see the new young guys from O-daddy-O at the Laughlin River Run. I'm excited to see where their fresh ideas may take them and the entire PT scene from here out.

My new address is:
1724 S. Grand Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705

Thank you everyone for supporting me through everything.
Ray Newton

Ray@PTeazer.com or Visit PTeazer.com
Old 22 Mar 2009, 05:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: PTeazer is still here!

Glad to see you made it to the forums Ray!

The O-Daddy-O car is the five window coupe I posted recently. They won two trophies at RiverRun!

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 22 Mar 2009 at 06:20 pm.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 05:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: PTeazer is still here!

Hey Ray,

Its good to see you here, and welcome to the Forum! Glad to here all is ok with you, and PTeazer! You have always been a big part of the PT Community, and with all the rumors floating around, I was worried we might have lost you to the ongoing economic situation!

Here's hoping everything gets back on track one of these days, and things pick up once again!

Anyways, again, I welcome you, and look forward to checking out your Art Work when you get some up on the Net!

Go easy, and I hope we might see you around here once in a while!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 29 Mar 2009, 02:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

thanks for the kind words Candy man ,it has been interesting to see the changes taking place in the Pt comunity.As clubs disband while new ones form and fresh new faces hit the scene,this Pt cruiser thing is far from over ,if anything its just shifting gears as a younger group of cruisers discover the secret we have been enjouying for allmost ten years. And it goes way beyond just the cars themselves allthough they are amazing.Its the people who love the cars,and the frendships that have formed around this one little car. I could write a book about some of the most amazing stories envolveing pt owners.And you know what its not just here in America its going on all over the world this Pt cruiser has gotten folks hanging out together and sometimes making life time frends.I have been blessed to made many such frends and I want to just mention one that sadly is no longer with us but who had been working on his project pt since 01 .Go kart Bob never got to get to the part of enjouying the pt family becase he was never finished with his project.So maybe theres a lesson in there somewhere. Anyway you raced me hard and close. You never fed me a wheel when you easily could have. and I which you could have met the PT familly that I know, and maybe you wouldnt have had to leave so early.I will make sure everyone sees your panel delivery.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 02:39 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

That cruiser has so much potential just needs the loose ends tied up. The paint job and the smooth panels stand out so much. Maybe he left it to you Ray to finish his project?

Cant wait to see how you will tribute him!

Hmm maybe I should stop by and take some shots of it tomorrow. That never crossed my mind today haha

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 29 Mar 2009 at 02:53 am.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 01:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for the feedback John ,you and Ron were the first to see it thanks to your impecable timming to call me exactly as I was pulling it off the trailer. It drove nice but The air bags need some sorting out or I may have to go back to lowering srings instead .Now I will be obsessing on how to paint it ,but will probably wait untill after the stanton show and just cruise it the way Bob had it looking untill then.Hey thanks for inviteing me over to see your dads project 36 panel it makes our little ones look easy aye. I will be over in Hb droping off the tags for the roadster later so if it works out Ill call you and maybe you can meet me there and get some picks of both cars . Any wway thank your mom for the pizza shes an exilent cook ha ha.Catch you later Ray.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanks for giving me a ride today Ray! The roadster looks so much better in person haha. I managed to get quite a few shots of both cars
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Guys,

Sweet looking Panel, and my condolences on the loss of a Fellow Cruiser! Our thoughts and prayers go out to Family and Friends

Hey Ray,

Any time my man! I have been following your Shop since I came on the scene in 2003 when I got my DC2, and with a little background in paint and body work, I can appreciate the a lot of the work that went into some of the most modded out Cruisers on the planet in my opinion! I know at least for me, you have done about every mod I ever dreamed up and more, and since day one you seem to have really stayed true to the quality of both your workmanship and parts which helped gain a rock solid reputation that is still very much evident to this day! Just ask anyone around about PTeazer Parts, and all I ever hear is that they are some of the best parts around hands down! I have never heard of anyone ever complaining about fitment issues which is a huge accomplishment when working any kind of Urethane, or other composite material! Most of all I think your legacy is most evident when you can go to a big PT Show, and half the PT's in attendance have your parts on them! We should all be as lucky to have made such a mark on the world!

Thats my two cents anyways.

Keep up the great work!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 29 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for posting the picks of go cart Bobs panel on the slayer forum and next time we will take the roadster for a spin.I didnt want to ask Mark to move the lincoln while he was working on it .Talk to you soon Ray.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 11:20 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Ray,

I just wanted to say thank you again for you guys meeting up with me, and letting me hang out with you all for the day! It was really great to meet up with you all, and I had a blast! I'll have to see if I can make it up to your Shop one of these days soon and check out some of your Art Work, and I can't wait to some of Ron's insane upcoming Mods as well!

Also, like I was telling Ron, if you ever need anything buffed out and detailed to perfection, please let me know! Detailing is my thing, and it would be really cool to get the opportunity to work some of your rides over their at your Shop one of these days!

Thank you again, go easy, and I will catch you all later!

Candyman

Last edited by Candyman; 05 Apr 2009 at 11:24 am.