Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Didn't buy the PT.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Didn't buy the PT.

I had the intentions of buying a PT when I joined the forum and got some good advice on here but needed higher mpg. Found an HHR at a really good price 2008 with 6000 miles, like new. Drove it and bought it. Just went through my first tank of gas and got 32.6 mpg. I think I made the right choice. I still like the stylin of the PT and wave to everyone I pass on the road along with the HHR's. Thanks again to the PT forum. Jim
Old 26 Mar 2009, 07:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Didn't buy the PT.

You cannot tell mileage on one tank. I have 74,000 + miles on my PT and only calculate mileage after several thousand miles.
(Overall i'm just over 25 MPG).
I'd like to hear how your next tank does.
Glad you're pleased.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Mar 2009, 07:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

When we went to buy a new car for the wife we looked at the HHR very closely (at my insistence). I really liked the way they looked on the outside. gas mileage aside, both of us agreed that there was something on the inside that we didn't like. If felt cramped and we take 4 or 5 long trips up to Virginia a year so we kept looking.
I still like the styling and wish you all the luck with your HHR. I bet you get some strange looks when you wave to PT owners, probably the same looks I get when I forget which car I'm in and wave to other Corvette owners when I'm in the PT.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 11:03 am
Young Cruiser

Buy the original not generic LOL COngrats
Old 26 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've never driven or even rode in an HHR. From the outside I do like some of the looks on the outside. However where they mounted the radio antenna in the center of the roof right above the windshield, is one thing that absolutely turns me off on he car.

I think it is like every thing else, some like it and some don't, or they wouldn't still be offering them for sale. I'm an over sized gentleman and when I've had another over sized person in the front seat of my Cruiser, its felt pretty cramped and tight. However since 99.9% of my driving is with only myself in the vehicle, it has worked out well for me.

If I had the money, one retro car I'd buy in an instance would be a Plymouth Prowler.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
When we went to buy a new car for the wife we looked at the HHR very closely (at my insistence). I really liked the way they looked on the outside. gas mileage aside, both of us agreed that there was something on the inside that we didn't like. If felt cramped and we take 4 or 5 long trips up to Virginia a year so we kept looking.
I still like the styling and wish you all the luck with your HHR. I bet you get some strange looks when you wave to PT owners, probably the same looks I get when I forget which car I'm in and wave to other Corvette owners when I'm in the PT.
I do the same in my C5
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
You cannot tell mileage on one tank. I have 74,000 + miles on my PT and only calculate mileage after several thousand miles.
(Overall i'm just over 25 MPG).
I'd like to hear how your next tank does.
Glad you're pleased.
My next tank was today 31.8 mpg
Old 26 Mar 2009, 02:22 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims2008 View Post
My next tank was today 31.8 mpg
But how much did you pay? I just got a 06 PT 18K miles less then 8K out the door That buys alot of gas
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to xxcutetaraxx

sorry to say but...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HHR i see them as competition with the PT
Old 27 Mar 2009, 08:45 am
Cool Cruiser

I looked and drove a HHR before I bought the PT - didn't like it and felt closed in and the performance was lacking. I can't imagine that high a mileage, you must be on the highway a lot. My son gets abut 30 +/- on the trip to Atlanta and back in his '99 Saturn SL2.