Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
replacement bulbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2009, 12:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default replacement bulbs

I am interested in replacing the bulbs on my headlights and fog lights..I see some at a local store almost 50$ for 2 bulbs...I see some blue coloured bulbs on ebay for 8.99 + 6.99$ shipping..the4 seller claims they are 30% brighter....Should I buy them or are they crap?? Where is the best place to buy led dome, map, and licence plate bulbs???
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 29 Mar 2009, 12:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: replacement bulbs

Phil. I went to Wal*Mart and bought the Sylvania SilverStars. They are way brighter than the OEM bulbs. I first bought the Low Beams and when I had them on and the fog lights, it made the fogs look yellow in caparison.

You need the 9006XS for low beam and 9006ST for the fogs.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 12:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I'd buy them from an autoparts store so if you don't like them, you can take them back. Got my first set of super white bulbs from AutoZone about 5 years ago. My son said one of them was out now so I got another set from Walmart for $20.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 03:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

get the HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs, i got them on my PT as you can see in my pics and are about 300% brighter and pass the traffic laws so they are good buy for 140 bux. get the 6000k or the 8000k from 3B Specialties

BTW.... your also gonna need a battery relay kit that connects str8 to the battery for better results and no flcikering lights.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 03:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

thanx guys I'm off to Walmart to take a look maybe tomorow as it is my son's Bday supper with his grandparents at my house today...by the way the weather is getting warmer and the snow is melting....Let the Big melt continue....too bad there is puddles and sand everywhere...can't wait until the grass is showing and the roads are swept clean
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 06 Feb 2010, 12:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim123 View Post
I would recommend you to try Autopartsway.ca. They got alomost all types of bulbs, the shipping is way too quick and prices are also reasonable. Highly recommended. Thanks autopartsway.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenWiley View Post
yeah autopartsway.ca they are the best online business that I could find in Canada. Never had any problem with them. Their shipping is really fast.
I notice that you guys are both first time posters, and that you are suggesting a vendor of aftermarket parts. Loathe though I may be to interfere in the affairs of another country, this always raises red flags (not the Maple Leaf kind) for me.

nevertheless, welcome to the forum, and I hope we will see many PT Cruiser related posts from you!
Old 06 Feb 2010, 02:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Matt42,

I go along with what your thinking. They won't be back, at least not under the username that that had.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 10:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi
I am sure u can find the parts in the aftermarket retailer for autopartsway. I will suggest u to check Auto Parts in Canada! - OEM and Aftermarket Canada Auto Parts
Old 09 Dec 2010, 10:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi
I am sure u can find the parts also replacement in the aftermarket retailer for autopartsway. I will suggest u to check Auto Parts in Canada! - OEM and Aftermarket Canada Auto Parts
Old 09 Dec 2010, 11:18 am
Regular Cruiser

for the leds, I got a pair of ''ultra white'' leds froms ebay for 4,99$, the only thing is that they are more blue than ''ultra white'', but I'm satisfied. I installed one for the licence plate light and one in the trunk light