Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fog lights not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2009, 05:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fog lights not working

Fuse is good. I'm hoping it's not the switch, as then I'd have to replace the entire stalk. Anything else I should check?

'06 Magnum SRT8, a few mods
Old 04 Apr 2009, 07:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fog lights not working

More than likely it is the MF stalk, don't bother with e bay as something may be wrong with that one, go to dealer.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Apr 2009, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, if interior fuse #8 is good, there's not much left but the multi-function switch.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 12:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, guys. Yes, #8 is good. I even checked it with an ohmmeter, hoping I was wrong
Old 06 Apr 2009, 03:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mine just went on the fritz this weekend. I stopped and got fuses, but of course got the regular size and not the mini. So, I'll have to take another shot at that, although the mini fuse in the car looks good.

I'd be interested, SRT8GUY as what you had to do to get them working.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 04:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiniquiet View Post
Mine just went on the fritz this weekend. I stopped and got fuses, but of course got the regular size and not the mini. So, I'll have to take another shot at that, although the mini fuse in the car looks good.

I'd be interested, SRT8GUY as what you had to do to get them working.
I'm guessing I'll have to replace the multi-function stalk. It's actually not too expensive - ~$74 list, $55 internet.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 05:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My wife has one on ebay right now that came brand new with my fog lights I ordered them. It has never been on a car as I wired my fogs straight to the battery and then to a lighted rocker switch. I did it this way so I didn't have to take it to the dealer and have the computer activated to make the lights work. Besides,I like the lit rocker switch any how. I guarantee that the switch is BRAND NEW and has never been used. Oh, I have an 08 cruiser,don't know if the switch works on anything older than an 06. $25.00 plus shipping
Old 06 Apr 2009, 05:25 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I'd replace that multi-function switch as soon as possible as they've been known to start fires. The switch is a very poor design.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 06 Apr 2009, 06:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

GLH08, Do you have a picture that shows the location and style of switch you installed? I'm thinking of doing the same but don't want to do a crappy looking job.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

CruisinDad, sorry no pic, but I can tell you I located the switch on the switch panel where the 4 way switch is. I had to take the dash apart to put it there but it wasn't that bad of a job. Radio Shack is where I got my rocker switch. They have one that looks like it was made to fit there and I think it only cost a couple of bucks. Can't remember the exact cost as it has been awhile since I did it. I think running the wire through the firewall was the hardest part of the whole install. I'm 6'4" tall and go about 270 so it's kind of a tight fit for me under the dash, but it can be done!! LOL