Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Should I purchase this 03 GT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Should I purchase this 03 GT?

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I have been in the market for new cars and started looking at PT Cruisers. I was attracted to them for their style, small size, and fun-ness. I found an 03 GT turbo at a dealership with 30,000 miles for $6,587 (Maybe I can talk them down to $6,250?) This has all the GT goodies w/leather. Just looking for feedback and should I fear "the flicker"? thanks!
Old 05 Apr 2009, 07:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Should I purchase this 03 GT?

Welcome.
Doesn't sound bad.
How are tires? At 30,000, they are either in need of replacing or have been replaced.
If I were you, I'd immediately change the oil - use synthetic - and change the plugs and wires, then you know when both were done.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Apr 2009, 11:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, the tires looked decent. Why switch to synthetic? Is there a benefit with the turbo?
Old 05 Apr 2009, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It's the best thing you can do for the Turbo. Engine runs a lot hotter when running and after shut-down and dyno oil and coke up and clog things up after awhile. Synthetic can take the extreme temperatures. Besides your can awhile longer between changes and most owners have reported better fuel mileage with Synthetic.

You can pick up a 5 qt container at Wal-mart for around $21.00

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 08:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks for the help. I'm going back to look at the car on Wednesday and will make a decision.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 11:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

my friend has an 03 turbo an he had a problem with the flickering lights but i dont know how to fix it without the HID (high Intensity Discharge) Conversion Kit for your headlights. Very good lights i may add and the ones i have are legal. all depends on how you install them. but anyways, it sounds like a very good buy but just do what they said, change the oil to synthetic, replace any wires and wtvr they say. but if your looking for brighter lights as i think they OEMs are dimmer than most cars i've seen in 03 then HID's are the way to go.

150 bux for lights that last 2.5-3yrs and legal if you install them right? im down with that cuz the silverstars suck. contact me if you want more information.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Smile Re: Should I purchase this 03 GT?

Sounds like a fair price if its a clean car no accidents ect. Good luck with the negotiating and If you dont get this one I hope you do find a Pt cruiser because just as it has done for many of us. It will change your life for the better, wellcome to the cruiser family. Ray Pteazer.: