Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TRADE OR KEEP ?? HELP??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Apr 2009, 06:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default TRADE OR KEEP ?? HELP??

OK decision time ...I have prestine 2003 Touring PT automatic garaged with 68K miles.... but I just found a prestine 1 owner 2006 GT also automatic but loaded with only 8K mile also garaged for $11,500... of course mine is paid for but this is a GT with 60K less miles... the out of pocket Im thinking would be 6-7K trading ... Is it worth it? Is the 06 an improvement?? Of course it also has 1 year left on the warrany also.. mine is almost done at 70K.. Worth doing it?? HELP!! thoughts thanks,,, MJB
Old 11 Apr 2009, 06:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Smile Re: TRADE OR KEEP ?? HELP??

i think its a good deal, i was thinking bout trading mine in but i already got all of these mods for it being installed on mine for my career so no point now. but in your case i think its a great deal for a 06 GT with 8k miles.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: TRADE OR KEEP ?? HELP??

Good deal IF: You want a newer car. You want to start making payments. You don't mind the upgrade to premium fuel. You like the chnages they made in the 06 models (front end and interior).

Plus, I forgot to add that your insurance "might" go up, not just because it's a newer vehicle but some companies might put a surcharge on a "GT" model.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 Apr 2009 at 06:24 pm.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 08:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Test drive it and you'll be hooked. The Turbos seem like a whole lot lighter car - you'll be hooked....
It takes premium, but no other downside.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Apr 2009, 08:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I ran the insurance..$80.00 more per year..premium about $250 more per year... plus payments minus less repair money since newer & warranty,, but is the '06 an upgrade( who had both years?) Its only money as far as the minimal payment..$138/month 3years no biggy if financed,,0 if just payed in full!... any more thoughts?? (mine will be coming up about 1K in maintenance items by 80K-trans coolant,tuneup again..etc) even though its been done at 50K and who know what else? Seems like ano brainer..am I missing something? MJB

Last edited by mjb457; 11 Apr 2009 at 08:23 pm.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 10:20 pm
Young Cruiser

If I were in your shoes, I would have already done it. The Turbo is the upgrade I'm pretty sure as far as other options go, there isn't going to be many major differences in functionality other than the increased performance from the GT's power plant.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 11:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

The 2006 really sounds like a great ride and if it were a 2005 I would say jump on it but it is a 2006 and there just enough changes and I am not talking about power. The whole dash is different and sitting in the 06 or 07 it feels a lot smaller. My wife has a 07 with the same dash as a 06 and I have a 05 and hers feels cramped when I am in the drivers seat, I know there is the same amount of room in both cars but it is just the way the center part of the dash stands out farther and and the dash is higher or seems higher without the smooth rolling lines of the earlier years. It also has that handle over the glove box that sticks out into space too. The lower part of the front grill just doesn't have the clean lines of the earlier years either. Well that is just my opinion and you know what an opinion is like, "everybodys got one." ( l ) Good luck with what ever you choose to do and please let everyone know which way you go.

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 01:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I just met the guy & test drove it.. (brand new condition) loaded & now at $10,900 { black,chrome,sirius,hand free comunication,leather,traction control,sun roof,heated seats,auto stick automatic... very clean,garaged 8K miles -practically brand new!) *** Ok guys what would be a realistic bottem line to pay trading my also prestine but 67500 PT Touring-- I was thinking between 5 & 6K but I need opinions thanks.. MJB
Old 12 Apr 2009, 07:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ok which rides better the 03 cloth or 06 leather (comfy) ? who has both?
Old 12 Apr 2009, 08:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: TRADE OR KEEP ?? HELP??

GO FOR IT! You'll be happy!
1. I'm 5'9", and if the dash were any more recessed away on my 2006s, I'd be distracted reaching while driving. All the knobs are still "just" at arm length for me! I can't imagine having to reach a few more inches while driving....at least the radio and heater knobs!

2. I have two 2006s; soonercruiser is an na with cloth; and the Black Sheep with tan leather. No comparison! Every little drop of rain or dampness leaves spots on the cloth seats. And the wiffie loves sliding in on the leather (not wearing it)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!