PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PLEASE tell me there's a Recall on my Power Steering Lines?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2009, 08:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default PLEASE tell me there's a Recall on my Power Steering Lines?????

OK, so since I Bought my Cruiser last Month used from a Chevy Dealer, it has had a Power Steering Fluid Leak from the Lines, Service Department confirmed this and although the Dealer PROMISED to Fix this for me after Buying the Cruiser, they now REFUSE, told me it's my problem and that I should go to my local Chrysler Dealer for the Repair, instead of bothering them. Yes, before you ask, my Cruiser came with a Warranty, a 12 Month- 12,000 Mile Warranty, but the Dealer doesn't care, so I guess I'm sorta SCREWED here then.

I shouldn't have Bought my Chrysler from a Chevy Dealer, but there aren't many TURBO Convertible's around here, I've got the ONLY one in my area now actually, HECK, most people I know didn't even know you could get a TURBO Convertible Cruiser, so needless to say, when I saw it Online, on the Chevy Dealers Web site, I HAD TO HAVE IT and of course Bought it, as you already know, so...

Also, I have MANY Health problems, MANY, so I'm on PERMANENT Disability, for LIFE, been on Disability since Nov. of 2007 and because of that, it's not easy getting a Car Loan, especially for such a NICE, EXPENSIVE Car, so of course when I Called the Chevy Dealer and they told me they could get me a Loan for the Cruiser, then to Drive there for a Test Drive that Night, I of course, didn't hesitate, who would, not for this Cruiser, a Red and Black TURBO Convertible, I mean, I didn't know about the Power Steering Leak right away, plus again, was told they would Fix it for me at NO Cost, so I dunno...?

After Buying my Cruiser, I don't have much Money now, in fact, until it's Paid off, 5 Years from now, I'm pretty much BROKE, so that's why I'm HOPING for a Recall, then, you know, I can take it to my local Chrysler Dealer, Hillview Motors and get it Fixed at no Cost to me there...

For those who need to know, it's a 2005 TURBO Touring Edition Convertible...

THANKS for your help, if anyone can that is, later!!!!!!!!

James C.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 08:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: PLEASE tell me there's a Recall on my Power Steering Lines?????

BTW...

This isn't my first Car by any means, in fact, since I was 16, I've had-

A 1957 Chrysler Imperial

A 1959 Plymouth Fury

A 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am- Knight Replica

A 1995 Dodge Stratus SPORT with Power Sunroof- Bought NEW

A 1997 Dodge Neon ACR Sedan, Customized Show/Race Car- Bought NEW (still have it, in my back Yard as we speak, but STOLEN and TRASHED in 2005)

AND, of course, I have my Cruiser, which is the ONLY Car I've had any problems with, all my other Car's, especially the Stratus and Neon, which BOTH had Bumper to Bumper Warranties, were ALL trouble free, so yeah, you know, I'm really BUMMED out here.

I must say though, my Mom (who is 57) and I went on an 8 Hour Road Trip in the Cruiser yesterday and it Drove, plus Ran BEAUTIFULLY, like a BRAND NEW Car, better then my Mom's NEW 2009 Chevy Equinox Sport, so maybe this Power Steering Fluid Leak isn't all that bad, I mean, I FILLED the Tank up about a Week or so ago and the Steering is rather SOFT actually, not to mention, doesn't make any noise whatsoever, even when stopped, so I dunno, what do you Guys all think?????

Oh and I did take some Pictures of the Cruiser at a Park before we went Home, which I will prolly Post up later...
Old 19 Apr 2009, 08:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, the only power steering recall that I can find:

Recall #14496

Recall Summary
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 2.4L NON-TURBOCHARGED ENGINES AND AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLES, THE POWER STEERING PRESSURE HOSE MAY CONTACT THE AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE DIFFERENTIAL COVER, POTENTIALLY DAMAGING THE HOSE.

Consequence
POWER STEERING FLUID LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE CAN RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND RELOCATE, OR REPLACE AS NECESSARY, THE POWER STEERING HOSE AND CONFIRM TORQUE OF THE HOSE FASTENER AT THE STEERING GEAR END. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

It stinks that the Chevy dealer won't fix your problem. You have your warranty with them so I'd do some calling around to the parent organization of the dealer, if there is one or maybe take it up legally if possible.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

The Chevy Dealer is a LARGE WELL KNOWN Car Dealer, which is why I was more then HAPPY to Buy my Cruiser from them, HECK, I made Friends with the Salesman Justin and other Employee's the Night I Bought the Car, plus, before I left, they gave me a Hat, which I've been told by other Customer's, they normally don't do, maybe they felt bad for me, cuz of my Health or something, I dunno...?

Anyway, I would LOVE to take this up Legally and all, but that Cost Money, which I don't have, not anymore anyway. I am getting a Check from Obama for $250 next Month, but that won't be anywhere near enough Money to Fix this, Dealer said $400 and besides, I need a NEW Stereo for the Cruiser ASAP, so that's what I'm going to use the Money from Obama for, you know, while I have it, since I can't Afford much else and all...

Beside's, there has to be some sort of Recall for this, or at least a CHEAP way to Fix the Leak you know...?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: PLEASE tell me there's a Recall on my Power Steering Lines?????

DUH!
Try the Better Business Bureau.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 19 Apr 2009 at 09:56 pm.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

The Better Business Bureau is USELESS, myself, Friends and Family have had to deal with them in the past and they were NEVER willing to help.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Try the owner of the dealership and don't back off at all. If that doesn't work try telling your story to a local TV station if you have one in your area. Do not take no for an answer. If need be show up at the dealership as much as you have to, so what needs to be fixed gets fixed. Remember it is the squeaking wheel that gets oil, not the silent one.

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 12:10 am
Veteran Cruiser

An independent shop just replaced my wife's '04 PT PS hoses for $100. Your dealer's price of $400 is a total rip off. Check out independent shops and when your car is out of warranty never go to a dealer to get something worked on. Dealers pretty much charge twice or more of what an independent shop does.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 Apr 2009, 07:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Did anyone notice that a new stereo radio was more important than trying to find a way to get his power steering hose fixed?
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 20 Apr 2009, 01:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyerrol View Post
Did anyone notice that a new stereo radio was more important than trying to find a way to get his power steering hose fixed?
Not to be Rude, cuz I'm NEVER like that, unlike some people, but what I do with my Obama Money, is none of your Business whatsoever and if you aren't going to say something constructive here, like everyone else and try to help me out with this problem here, then don't Post, simple, just DON'T POST, OK, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those nice Guys out there who are however wondering why I need a NEW Stereo, well, when I Bought the Car, I didn't try the Stereo, I mean, who does, I figured it was fine, but when I got Home with my NEW Cruiser, I found out, that the CD Player didn't work at all, Skips BADLY and both Front Door Speakers are BLOWN, so that is why, when I get my $250 from Obama for being Disabled, I am going to Best Buy and replace my CD Player and Front Door Speakers, OK, the Car is WAY TOO SILENT for my taste and until I can Upgrade the Intake and Exhaust, having some Music in my Cruiser would be nice, I NEED MY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE listening to my TURBO, but that's not enough for me, especially since ALL of my other Car's had Cat-Back Exhaust and Pioneer Stereo System's...

Besides, the Power Steering may be Leaking Fluid, but it works PERFECTLY, doesn't make a sound or anything, plus, since I just Bought the Car, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR WHATSOEVER, which I know you all will agree with...

My life is a living NIGHTMARE people, so Buying a NEW Stereo and other Accessories for my Cruiser, that I really don't need, just makes me feel better, OK and helps me to forget about my Disabilities and other NUMEROUS problems, so needless to say, when I get some spending Money, even a little, I spend it!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who work for the Disability Office may not like what all I Buy with my Money, but as I've been told, IT'S MY MONEY, I'M DISABLED AND HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEND IT HOW I WISH, THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY, IT'S ALL I HAVE NOW DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS garyerrol, THANKS for getting me all worked up here, I REALLY APPRECIATE that and don't need this BS today!!!!!!!!!!!!