Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Drawer under seat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2009, 03:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Drawer under seat

I have a 2005 and it has a drawer under the passenger seat. Has anybody installed one under the drivers seat.And does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 04:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Drawer under seat

journalist1947, Welcome to the Forum!!
Be glad you have a drawer under the passenger seat, when Chrysler came out with the 2006's they left the drawer out.
If you have power seats, I believe the wiring and track set up prevents installing under the drivers seat.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Apr 2009, 04:38 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
journalist1947, Welcome to the Forum!!
Be glad you have a drawer under the passenger seat, when Chrysler came out with the 2006's they left the drawer out.
If you have power seats, I believe the wiring and track set up prevents installing under the drivers seat.
Can't do it under the driver seat. Been there, tried that.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 25 Apr 2009, 04:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Can't do it under the driver seat. Been there, tried that.
Why can it not be done. I have no power seats and it looks like there is a ton of room. I am going to pull the seats out and see why you say it can not be done. If there is room I can modify it to make it work.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi, where theres a will bla bla bla ,anythings possible if you really want it .You will have to remove the cross brase and if possible remount it flat youll see what I mean when you get the seat out.Try to mesure the maximum clearance before you remove the seat or you can end up playing putting the seat in and out a few times. trust me it gets heavy after that fourth time.welding with the seat cushin takes a little caution too that sh t burns.Practise with the passenger side one first,keep us posted and good luck with a good idea.Ray Petazer.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 05:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteazer View Post
Hi, where theres a will bla bla bla ,anythings possible if you really want it .You will have to remove the cross brase and if possible remount it flat youll see what I mean when you get the seat out.Try to mesure the maximum clearance before you remove the seat or you can end up playing putting the seat in and out a few times. trust me it gets heavy after that fourth time.welding with the seat cushin takes a little caution too that sh t burns.Practise with the passenger side one first,keep us posted and good luck with a good idea.Ray Petazer.
Ok if and when I get the parts, I will take pictures and let everybody know what I had to do to make it work if it will work. But I will try my best to make it work.