Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Do Not Use Delta sonic car Wash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2009, 01:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Do Not Use Delta sonic car Wash

I found out that their car washes have an acidic touch to it. as if you put your hand into their auto-wash soap your hand would burn and cause damage to it. so basically it takes away at the clearcoat finish on any car. so what i use now is the Mr. Clean Car Wash system. Rinse your car, Apply soap, use a Mit or sponge to clean the car, Rinse again and apply the Autodry solution to the car and your done. best thing for a streak-free shine. also add wax to keep your car spot free for about 2 weeks even if it rains. Best stuff out there that i've seen.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:35 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Do Not Use Delta sonic car Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence View Post
I found out that their car washes have an acidic touch to it. as if you put your hand into their auto-wash soap your hand would burn and cause damage to it. so basically it takes away at the clearcoat finish on any car. so what i use now is the Mr. Clean Car Wash system. Rinse your car, Apply soap, use a Mit or sponge to clean the car, Rinse again and apply the Autodry solution to the car and your done. best thing for a streak-free shine. also add wax to keep your car spot free for about 2 weeks even if it rains. Best stuff out there that i've seen.

You used a car wash!!! YIKES

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 21 May 2009, 08:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Steel Blue View Post
You used a car wash!!!
Not every one has a choice! I for one love mine but I live in an apartment complex that is very, very strict about washing you vehicle using their water. I don't have any one within a 2 hour drive who would let me wash it at their home, so YES, I am another one of those who use a car wash.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 21 May 2009, 08:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've used Mr. Clean system for several years and really like it. No spots anywhere.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

1wedwudy, yea i love it, after i found out delta sonic has acidic stuff in the soap i stopped going there and started using the mr.clean wash and i am definitely impressed for $20 starter kit and about $12 for the replacement filter and soap. last me about 4 months because i put 3 coats of Wax and it stays good for about 3 weeks even with rain. but now that i chase tornadoes or severe storms i find out that i wash it twice a week but then again dont have time to wax it anymore. so its whatever. $12/month for 10 car washes? Worth the buy. Thanks Mr. Clean. lol
Old 22 May 2009, 12:48 am
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: Do Not Use Delta sonic car Wash

Eeek! We went to the car wash at the gas station ... for the first and LAST time! Not only did we have the car washed I had to buy two new bulbs for the brake and tail light assembly. The dash lights after going through the car wash and blow dry would not turn on at first but the headlights did come on. About a minute later the dash lights did come on but after pulling on to the road in the dark a motorcycle rider pulling up next to our car told my wife the brake lights were not working.

We went home just down the road and I unscrewed the tail lights covers to find no weather rubber seal around the teardrop light housing and the two bottom bulbs broken with water in them and the housings. The car wash costs us $5.40 extra for the two bulbs I needed to replace after getting out the broken glass and air drying the lens.

I found out many newer cars have no weatherstripping anymore per the auto parts store in places where they need them.

I'm going to run a clear bead of silicon on the lens sides.

It wasn't my idea go through the car wash anyway...I mentioned car washes were not that good for the car.

It's not just a matter of MPG... it's the ride! Still wish it was better!
Old 22 May 2009, 01:10 am
Cool Cruiser

well i had a problem with the right brake/taillight in mine with car washes and my HID headlights. when i went through any car wash my headlights would flicker and cause me to get new ones. so i do it myself and guess what? no problems what so ever.