Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Its tied around my neck like a dead albatross

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2009, 12:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Angry Its tied around my neck like a dead albatross

Should have never bought the PT. Because I canít get out from under it. I bought my PT new in 2006. I have taken care of it and it runs are drives great. From an appearance and mechanical aspect, itís a Great car. But with 40K miles itís only worth about 7K. And I owe more than twice that amount. Six months after I bought the PT, Chrysler dropped the price of a brand new PT by 5K! Iím still pissed about that! And now these days when Dodge Trucks are half off and all the other incredible offers out there to choose from. I canít get out from under this damn car. I like the PT, enjoyed driving it, but I didnít have any intention of making this ownership into a life style. It is time for me to move on but its tied around my neck like a dead albatross. And Iím starting to resent the car because of it. These days the quality American cars is outstanding, in some cases better than Toyota and Honda. But due to years of Detroit crap, todayís American cars will not stand up in value to foreign cars (nothing new, I know). Itís too bad we live in a world where perception rules and reality is treated as fiction.

Ok, Rant overÖ

So...How's the whole "hopey-changey" thing working out for ya?
Old 22 May 2009, 01:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Its tied around my neck like a dead albatross

I feel your pain!
Old 22 May 2009, 03:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Cool Re: Its tied around my neck like a dead albatross

well i know how you feel because back when i bought my Chrysler Aspen 4X4 5.7 Liter V-8 Hemi the payments were crazy, and the next year the price went down almost 6k. the auto industry is crazy with prices for what actually comes with the car. a PT Cruiser fullt loaded in my book should only cost about $9000-10,000. in the end i think the government is corrupt at the core. i believe that each state should run their own way instead of having 1 Person run the whole country. but since i had my cruiser i love it
Old 22 May 2009, 05:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because of the economy lots of people are in this boat with lots of different cars, not just the PT. Yeah, you can get great deals on trucks right now because smart people know their mpg sucks and won't purchase one. Why would you want to get stuck with one of those, too?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 May 2009, 05:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm not stuck now. its paid off now. no more payments now and i love it even though it cost me about 50 bucks to fill the tank but i get about 22mpg compared to the 15-18 they said i would get. so i get about 500 miles on a tank of gas.
Old 22 May 2009, 09:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence View Post
I'm not stuck now. its paid off now. no more payments now and i love it even though it cost me about 50 bucks to fill the tank but i get about 22mpg compared to the 15-18 they said i would get. so i get about 500 miles on a tank of gas.
I think you meant 300 miles, not 500 miles. It's a 15 gallon tank.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 May 2009, 09:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

whatever, doesnt really matter to me, all i know is i go a week without having to fill it.
Old 24 May 2009, 03:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Because of the economy lots of people are in this boat with lots of different cars, not just the PT. Yeah, you can get great deals on trucks right now because smart people know their mpg sucks and won't purchase one. Why would you want to get stuck with one of those, too?
Yes the economy has effected the car market, but here is Texas the used car market is strong. Hell, the new car market is also doing very well.

Check this out

2008 PT W/31K Miles - $8695

2008 Chrysler Pt Cruiser, 31k miles, Excellent cond, WARRANTY

2005 Honda Accord W/78K Miles - $8900

2005 Honda Accord Lx Coupe Good Condition

2005 Toyota W/70K Miles - $8000

2005 TOYOTA COROLLA CE RED AUTO 70k

You canít make the argument that the economy is to blame.

As for Trucks, Itís kinda hard to haul large items on the roof of the PT. In the last couple of years my needs have changed and now I need a the ability to haul large items.

Old 24 May 2009, 03:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence View Post
At the end of the day, the fact that you love the car is the important thing! It costs me about $26 to fill up, @ $2 a gallon, and I get about 250 miles out of a full tank. That's about 16 miles to the gallon in the city, For that I could be driving a Truck!

Old 25 May 2009, 08:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Bought my 2008 PT in January 09 with 8900 miles on her. $11,500. Put 5K down, made the 1st payment, then paid it off.......